The emotions of losing Superhost status

Susie0
Level 10
Oakland, CA

The emotions of losing Superhost status

Thanks to Airbnb's high traveler fees and the pandemic, I have not had enough bookings to be a Superhost (although the cottage next door which has questionable cleaning practices has done a booming business). Why would Airbnb be motivated to remove Superhost status? Oh right, so I will charge less and get more travelers at a rate that isn't worthwhile to me.

First comes the anger and disgust. 

Then comes acceptance, when I think of how much I have been enjoying staying in my place and making upgrades so I can sell it.

Then comes my commitment to developing my own booking presence so I can charge lower rates and guests will have lower fees.

Thanks for taking away my Superhost status. Life has never looked better.

3 Replies 3

@Susie0  The minimum number of stays requirement was removed from the Superhost criteria.

But your Response Rate appears to be below 90%, so this and/or your ratings over the past 12 months would likely be the actual reason your status was removed. Neither of these factors should have been affected by the pandemic.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Susie0 

Airbnb waived being again rated as Superhost for existing Superhosts, due to the pandemic (So they remain superhost). That is what i learned from the "superhost, congratulations" message i received.

Why bother about it anyway ?

I am sometimes labeled by Airbnb as "superhost", and sometimes i am not.

I never experienced any difference, never change anything on my listing and never change behaviour as a host because of that.

Hope this helps,

Emiel

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Susie0 If you go to your performance tab then to Superhost you will see the exact reason why you have lost your Superhost status this assessment and what you need to improve to get it back next quarter.