Theft from my place and being ignored by Airbnb

Theft from my place and being ignored by Airbnb

A guest who stayed at our property at the beginning of May stole my house keys, stole from my home and broke into my shed and stole equipment. I reported this to Airbnb and they are almost ignoring me. I have had to change all of the locks and replace the equipment. Yes, it has been elevated to the right department at Airbnb and when  I have called they wont allow me to speak to anyone who is dealing with the case. I am now in the process of registering my property with a local Agent who does holiday rentals because of this experience. Any advice would be welcome

7 Replies 7
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Do you get guests from only Airbnb? Just curious.

Hi, yes, at this point, but am thinking of leaving due to their lack of care. How3 about you?

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Jane3658 Did you file a police report? AirBnB is not law enforcement. I'm not sure what you're expecting them to do? 

Thanks for your reply. Airbnb have his identity but wont let me have it. I have reported it to the Police but Airbnb are still dragging their heels in terms of supporting me directly and financially. I an warning other Hosts, that if they think Airbnb will be supportive, then they need to think again, you basically are on your own

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Jane3658 Pretty sure that if there has been a theft involved with a guests at your Airbnb  that a Police report is really the one thing that makes a huge difference and makes the process legit and worthy of Airbnb taking action also. This is how I understand things.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Jane3658  did you took his personal information? Took a photo of his ID ?  Or you don't know who was the person you gave access to your property=?

In EU this is mandatory but I would do it even if it isn't.

Thanks for your reply. Airbnb have his identity but wont let me have it. I have reported it to the Police but Airbnb are still dragging their heels in terms of supporting me directly and financially