Unable to view guest star ratings

Si6
Level 4
Canada

Unable to view guest star ratings

I have instant book enabled and all of a sudden as of 3 days ago I’m unable to view guests’ star ratings when new guests send me inquiries or requests to book. Airbnb support told me that it’s a system-wide change because they are unable to remove false star ratings and it’s to protect guests. Anyone else has experienced it? 

17 Replies 17
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Si6 yes, I've experienced this for a couple of weeks at least. I can only see star ratings after booking is confirmed. (As usual, the "explanation" you received is nonsensical and may or may not have anything to do with what actually happened.)

Can you tell me if you are able to view star ratings right now? 

@Si6 not as of yesterday. I haven't received an inquiry or request today.

It’s been happening for me for 3-4 days. I don’t buy their “it’s a system wide change” excuse. And I’m slightly angry their customer support can make stuff up like this. 

@Si6It can’t be a system wide change. I’m able to see star ratings on requests and inquiries. Must be a glitch. Customer Circus rarely knows what’s actually going on. It was amusing and not surprising to see the varying replies that Lisa got to her inquiry on the issue. 

Si6
Level 4
Canada

**[Private conversation hidden - Community Center Guidelines]

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Si6 

I can still see the star ratings from inquiries, requests, etc. Over the last few years, there have been many times when the star ratings have disappeared only to reappear a few weeks later. 

I don't believe the reasoning from CS for a second. Total BS. And I bet if you asked the question again tomorrow you would get a different customer service rep who has a different answer.

How do they get away with straight up bs’ing their customers? It’s appalling. 

@Si6 they get away with it because of their market dominance. I just opened a help request and after a bit of back-and-forth got the "I am forwarding your case to the dedicated team" response.

@Lisa723 Are you asking CS why you cannot see the star ratings? I am excited to see the response . . . 

**[Private conversation hidden - Community Center Guidelines]

@Emilia42 yes, sorry I didn't make that clear. The rep asked for screen shots and then gave me the "forwarding to dedicated team" response.

Yes. In the recent past when my listing gets trashed it’s a rollercoaster to get ANY compensation. Either request money disappears from the dashboard, or I get “it will be forwarded” or they say I submitted the request outside their cut off window or any other excuse. Then they penalize you for not accepting last minute requests with no reviews and now I’m unable to see star ratings to protect these guests from “discrimination” 

@Si6 @Emilia42 

Update on extensive back-and-forth with multiple CS reps. I got a variety of nonsense responses, including:

"I am forwarding your case to the dedicated team."

"I was able to check and confirm with my resources, for any inquiries or booking request, you can only see or view the number of reviews that the guest had but not with their specific star ratings."

"May I ask if you were able to capture a screenshot as to how it looks like before when you received an inquiry that shows the guest star ratings on it?"

"I'll be out in the office and be back after two days."

"I was reviewing your case and found all the reviews and star rating appearing correctly."

"You can check the ratings of the guests by clicking on the name of of the user who has sent you a request and you will be able to see all previous reviews' and stars on their profile."

"The stars were never viewed but only the reviews can be read for the users."

"I've consulted our dedicated team and they advised that they've documented this issue and truly appreciate your report. They're investigating the root cause of the problem and working to fix it as quick as possible, but unfortunately it is not confirmed how long it would take them to fix this."