What would be the title of your hosting biography?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

What would be the title of your hosting biography?

5268080-9 (1).jpg

Hi everyone,

Hosting is no less than a book, where Hosts pour in their creative ideas and experiences โ€” to create a memorable stay for guests. Be it unforgettable guest stories, creating incredible experiences or finding personal growth and satisfaction as a Host โ€” think about the moments that have added great value to your hosting journey!

If you were to write a book about your life as a Host, what would the title be? ๐Ÿ“–โœจ Would you be a humorous author, who finds immense joy and quirk in hosting? Or would you be a philosophical Host, who finds great joy in building deeper connections through hosting? We'd love to read the unique title you come up with! ๐Ÿ˜

Regards,
Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

40 Replies 40

@Ginette77  awesome ๐Ÿคฉ Iโ€™d be paranoid to leave a Polaroid at my independent rental unit- fear of loosing it ๐Ÿ˜ข I accept itโ€™s great to put good trust on your guests. 
you are a great host ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

Hi @Bhumika it is so good to see the different Hosts on this page and different languages from around the world,

I love the translation underneath so that I can read it without translating myself.

What would my title of my Hosting biography be?

My husbands title would be      A Begginers Guide

Mine would be The Art of Hosting at Our Airbnb.

another one What Works for Me in My Airbnb, May not Work for You.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Laurelle3  I'm glad you're enjoying seeing all the different hosts and languages on this page ๐Ÿ˜

I totally love the creative titles you've come up with! Haha, it must be so amazing to team up with your partner in hosting guests. Who loves hosting the most : you or your husband ๐Ÿ˜‰

That's a great possibility that you've mentioned in the last title. What works for one Host may or may not work for another depending on region, market etc. Food for though! ๐Ÿ’ก

-----

@Bhumika , my husband and I are a team. When he introduces himself to our guests he says "I'm the Man  and if you need anything give us a call and I will try to fix it.  Alex gets a chuckle from most of the guest - if there is no language barrier.

I am the cleaner, washer and ironing lady. I also do the floors and sweep, vacuum and wash them As well checking all the dishes, pots and pans are clean, all the drawers are put back together , with everything in its place and replaced. 

I call our "Hidden Gem" cottage my dolls house so youcould say I play in i, just getting right for our next guests.

Alex role is the Bed Stripper and bathroom cleaner. Along with mowing the lawns. 

Yes it does take us 4- 5 hours and longer with cups of tea or lunch added to the time.

I have to say I don't know who enjoys it more but I think it is me with the dolls house.

Take care.

Laurelle 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Wow @Laurelle3 , you and Alex definitely make a fantastic team ๐Ÿ˜ We've read your brilliant tips as well in the Community of how you create welcoming environment for guests. Clearly shows how much effort and hard work you put into it! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’–

I'm curious, do you have any memorable stories from working together on the cottage? Perhaps a time when your teamwork really made a difference for your guests?

-----

Natasha671
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

I think I needed this when I started: "The Art of Welcome: Mastering Airbnb Hosting for Exceptional Experiences."

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thanks for sharing @Natasha671 ! Have you continued to create your own welcome and hosting strategies since you started? What has been the best tip that has worked greatly for you?

-----

Pankaj43
Level 1
Chandigarh, India

Feel at home 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

That's a beautiful name @Pankaj43 ! ๐Ÿ˜ 

Do you have any specific strategies that help you create a welcoming stay for guests? We look forward to learn from your ideas!

-----

Millie59
Level 2
Mt Airy, NC

I have been journaling since day one of my hosting journey. My plans are to convert it to a book at some point. My current working title is โ€œConnecting my community to travelers one guess at a time.โ€

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Millie59 , journaling your hosting journey sounds so unique and interesting ๐Ÿ˜

Have you noticed any change in your hosting style since you started? What areas have you improved significantly through your hosting adventure?

I love how you've added the phrase "connecting with community" for the title ๐Ÿค— That's what hosting is all about, no? ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜

-----