Whats the host code for this?

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Whats the host code for this?

Guests were messier than 2 people on the reservation. Its a couple but both beds slept in. Tons of coffee pods usedband beer cans left. Neighbors think they had another couple over but we didn't see it on the Ring. We don't watch it constantly.

How would you word a review to convey that you suspect this? Or wouldn't you? Would you question the guests about it or not? No serious damage. Just more clean up and a few other house rules broken. 

17 Replies 17

@Sarah977 WOW! I have had a few guests where I could see that happening. 

I think it takes a LOT of nerve to confront a host about a review when it is clear you did not follow the house rules. Some people are really clueless about their housekeeping skills but my capacity rules are reiterated in several places-- listing, check in email, house guide etc. Sometimes you really have to wonder about people. 

@Sarah977 Hi!  I really despise scammers. As a host, you try and provide a clean and comfortable environment. I would have pointed out that once you pay ABB you agree to the conditions. Not reading the rules doesn't excuse you from following the rules. I think it's important to point out that they are adults and treat them as such. I also, tend to message them on the ABB app the salient points-i.e. please read the house manual-house rules-max number of guests due to occupancy and fire regulations-kindly respect our house-zero tolerance for drinking and driving here in Japan. These are pre-written notes that I fire off before the guests arrive. Most people are reasonable.  

Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

The additional guest fee didn’t work for us so I just charge the higher rate now for a  max of  three guests. We used to charge $119 for two people (assuming a couple that slept in one bed) and $30 more for three people. People would say two guests and bring 4 and only pay $119. We now charge $149 for 1-3 guests and are very specific that four guests are not allowed, full size bed only accommodates a child or petite person, and sleeping on the sofa is not allowed. Outdoor security cameras are used to verify guests, visitors, and only the max three guests are allowed on the property. No “visitors”. I tell people when they book and offer free cancellation if they don’t agree to the max three guests or outdoor cameras. Our listing is a second home so if it rents great and if it doesn’t I go there that weekend. This results in higher quality guests and less stress and excessive cleaning.