When good people do good things

Drew-and-Tarah0
Level 3
Colorado Springs, CO

When good people do good things

Hey there! This is really just a post to brag on someone that I am very grateful for in this community. It's no secret that this year has been a doozy for everyone, but that was compounded by us with a couple of key frustrations that we just could not get resolved by the Airbnb team. Things that aren't even worth the time here discussing, but that we needed help with. I had chats, calls, pending requests, emails.... layers and layers of inquiries, all with the same result. Zero help.  My problems were not overly complex, I just needed a human who would help and really dig in.  As a Plus Host, I felt discouraged by the lack of help I was receiving.

I found help from @Armeni here in the Airbnb Community Chat, and just wanted to take a second to publicly thank her. She problem solved, stayed on our case until it was resolved, and followed up with helpful insights. She has been relentless in serving us, and restored so much hope and encouragement to us in this space. So, to the Airbnb powers that be, give this person a raise, a promotion, I don't know... but take good care of her. She is the most helpful and diligent person I have come across. @Armeni Thank you 🙂 

8 Replies 8
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Lovely post @Drew-and-Tarah0 !

Always good to hear some happy news in the community centre 🙂

Perhaps Airbnb should use @Armeni to train and coach their global customer service team members so that all hosts have as positive and encouraging experience as you’ve had.

Love that idea @Paul1255 

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

@Paul1255 

Inspired xxx

Anthony223
Level 10
Portugal

@Drew-and-Tarah0        Great to hear that not all is lost. Thanks for posting this.

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

@Drew-and-Tarah0 

Thank you for posting this. So lovely to read. I have also had some good service and would, like yourselves, also wish to pay a compliment but the message has disappeared (disconcertingly this has been happening on a few occasions... but is another matter). The Rep was Magdelena or close to that. I wonder if I could get my message of thanks to her somehow if staff read this?

Thanks again Drew-and-Tara0 xxx

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Drew-and-Tarah0 @Mary996 @Anthony223 @Paul1255 

Yes it's always a pleasure to read great feedback on those who lurk behind the scenes and achieve positive outcomes.

@Mary996There appears to have been a number of internet outages across the world including with Microsoft and others this week so maybe that's why you have disappearing posts..

I've had it with my listing this evening and a few other sites I've been trying to access today to.

Gremlins.

There was a very good reason we had Transmission lines for electricity & telephone lines above ground around a 100yrs ago... 😉

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

@Drew-and-Tarah0 , Nothing against our new host rep board but both the majority of problems as well as creative, clever and practical solutions are discussed and wargamed right here on a daily basis.  I have to agree and add this CC board and its administrative peace keepers ( @Liv , @Quincy  @Lizzie, @Katie, @Stephanie and other mod squad members are probably the best resource we as Airbnb Inn Keepers have when we have an issue big or small.   @Catherine-Powell can be proud of the job they do here representing the mothership, the rest of the org's upper admin should be forced to join in and communicate here, become part of the community they and our founders created.  Stay well, JR

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Far too kind @Melodie-And-John0 - we're nothing without superb hosts like yourself keep this forum the good ship CC!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines