Which topics would you like to see more of this coming year?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Which topics would you like to see more of this coming year?

Coffee and notebook .jpg

We’re fully into January 2024 now and for a lot of people it’s a time to reflect on the past year but to also make plans for this coming year, and the Community Center is no exception so we want to hear from you about the topics you would like to see more of. 

Your journeys and experiences are invaluable in shaping our content and ensuring that we provide you with the information and resources you need. Whether it's hosting tips, guest experiences, sustainability initiatives, or any other subject you're passionate about, we want to know what topics you're most interested in exploring and discussing in 2024. 

Help us make Airbnb even more valuable to you by voting for your favourite topics you would like to see more of. Don’t see an option you like? Add one in the comments below!

Let's make the year ahead full of engaging and insightful discussions!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

18 Replies 18
Marisa182
Level 7
University Park, MD

@Rebecca 

Hi Rebecca,

I would like to see more conversations and tips on host safety. For me, that means requiring guests to provide an updated and accurate profile, and some additional personal information would also help me decide whether to accept a booking or not.

Best, Marisa

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your suggestion @Marisa182. I've noted it down! 😊

-----

@Marisa182 

The best way to seek and receive information about Guests who may not have shared their private information publicly online is to use the internal messaging system.

You will find there are people who are very aware of their Legal Rights when it comes to sharing information, or not, besides, How much information do we really need and how do we as consumers of ABB maintain it when there's so many Data Breaches these days?

Data Minimization is equally as important.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Rebecca I would like to see @Catherine-Powell (or whomever replaces her) coming to the forum and answering some of the more difficult questions raised by hosts. She is supposed to be in charge of hosting but seems to be very quiet on the difficult issues.....

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you so much for your suggestion @Mike-And-Jane0. While I can't make any promises, I've noted it down to pass on! 

-----

Heather133
Level 10
Stowe, VT

HI @Rebecca , forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere already, I'd like to learn more about what information is provided to guests from the reviews hosts provide. It was my understanding they don't see their average review rating in terms of stars. Has this changed? 95% of my guests are absolutely delightful and considerate. Recently when I've written a review where a guest obviously ignored a house rule, I've seen a note that says that Airbnb will share how they can improve.

I'd love to know what that looks like when the guest sees it.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you @Heather133, a wonderful suggestion and I've noted it down. 😊

-----

I think weakest point airbnb has now is with customer support. VRBO, Booking and even Furnished Finder beats airbnb on CS. This is def something company needs to try to pivot strategy.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you've not had great support. Is there an aspect of the support that you'd like us to cover here on the Community Center - or perhaps something as a Host you'd love to know/find out more about so that you didn't need to go to support @AZ-Housing0

-----

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

Hi @Rebecca I was wanting to tick more than one circle but the format doesn't let me. So will try again and again to get my choices in. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Laurelle3, that's my terrible formatting 😅 Please forgive me - have a go now and you should be able to select more than one answer! 🙌 

Let me know if it works or not! 

-----

Thank you @Rebecca I previously did it 3 times on individual topics but have tried again.

Yeah!!! It works 🙂  🎉 🎉 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Could you also include Other as an Option @Rebecca ?
Thanks in advance

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

I would like to see and talk more about sustainability. Sustainable hosting means not only using organic detergent, but hosting in a way which is possible still in 10 years: Responsible, in accordance to local regulations, safe, open-minded, caring for the neighborhood, talking to decision makers to find fair solutions for all stakeholders etc.