Written Agreement with AIr BnB

Martin4157
Level 1
Surfers Paradise, Australia

Written Agreement with AIr BnB

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where I can find my agreement with Air BnB?

I'm sure there must be a way to prove I have an agreement to let my property via their platform? I have searched for an email of something but to no avail.

Reason:  Prior to Holiday Letting my cottage I had it Insured under a Home and Contents Insurance which specifically excluded short term rental.

I forgot to cancel the policy when I  put the property on the Air BnB platform, so in effect the policy became void from that date, as in the event of a claim it would have been denied.

I made no claim or had any damage but when I realized I hadn't cancelled the policy I contacted the insurer and ask to cancel from the date the policy was void.

The insurer wants me to send some agreement or proof on official letter head that I did start short term letting the property.

Here is part of the email below---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your email and I hope you're well.

We would be happy to assist you, however should you wish us to consider a further back date prior to this time-frame, you’ll need to provide one of the following documents:

• Recent Short Term Rental Agreement  or
  • Proof of short term rental on an official letterhead showing the insured address and the date

End of Email------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I contacted support a couple of weeks ago but it looks like it went into the too hard basket as after sending me a couple of irrelevant links they have not replied again. Any suggestions would be appreciated, cheers.

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Martin4157  There is no such written agreement. Your agreement is that when you list on Airbnb, you are agreeing to their Terms of Service. 

Martin4157
Level 1

Thanks, but I must have ticked a box or electronically signed somewhere to agree to TOS.  If I can find that It should be good to go.

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Martin4157  Just print out and send evidence (transaction history) that your reservations started on x date. Easy peasy. 

Martin4157
Level 1

Thanks for reply but they want it on Official letterhead.

Basically I am trying to backdate the cancellation and of course being an Insurance company they do what they can to hang onto the premium.

@Martin4157  That's probably as good as you're going to get. I don't see AirBnB supplying you with anything. 

Sometimes you have to flip these situations on their head. Send them the dated transactions. There should be AirBnB identifying information on the pages. Send something else, like matching bank transactions. This places the onus on them to come back to you and tell you why that's not sufficient. 

Sometimes you have to challenge the status quo.