a booking that I'm not sure is actually confirmed

Clare340
Level 1
Truro, United Kingdom

a booking that I'm not sure is actually confirmed

Hi - I'm Clare and host 2 propertied on Airbnb.

I wonder if anyone can help me please:

A few months back I received a booking for one of my flats, form a guest, who also asked some questions about my property.

One of the questions suggested to me that the guest wanted the information before they confirmed the booking.

I answered their question via the message system, and also accepted their enquiry.

However I never heard back form the guests - So I've never had a reply form them to say whether they are happy with my answers about my flat. As I didn't hear anything more, I assumed they had decided not to confirm the booking their end.

I also never received the usual notification from Airbnb, that the booking was confirmed.

However, today I have been updating my calendar and noticed that this original enquiry is now a confirmed booking on my calendar, although I have never heard anything back form the guest.

I've  sent them a message earlier this morning and as yet haven't heard back.

I wonder if anyone out there has had a similar experience and can tell me how I found out if this is a genuine booking please.

Many thanks

Clare.

7 Replies 7

It sounds like you did not have a a booking message from these guests, but an inquiry. Even if you accept a booking from an inquiry, the guests have to take the next step to actually make a booking with you, which would then be automatically accepted because of your pre-approval. If they actually booked, 2 thnkgs will indicate if the booking was made. #1 You would have them listed on your dashboard as an upcoming booking. #2 You would also have received an email from Airbnb indicating that the booking was confirmed.

With the pre-approval on the inquiry, the guests had 24 hours to make their booking and Airbnb may have blocked those dates, but they should have been made available again when the booking was not made. You can call Airbnb to have the blocked dates removed. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Clare340 

Airbnb are the only ones that can help you resolve this issue. Give them a call to find out whether you actually have a confirmed booking.

Clare340
Level 1
Truro, United Kingdom

Thanks Helen.

I would like to call Airbnb, but do you know how I find a phone number? I've been looking in the help section, which I don't find very helpful. I'm sure there must be a phone contact somewhere, but it seems to be buried very deep in their system!

Thank you for getting back to me,

Clare.

Patricia55
Level 10
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

@Clare340 

I googled Airbnb contact no. UK and got this:

Screenshot_2020-02-11 Airbnb Contact Number Uk 【 Airbnb Helpline Uk 】.png

Hope it works 🙂

Patricia55
Level 10
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

@Clare340 

Elsewhere, I also have this number:  020 3318 1111

Sorry, don't know which is up-to-date, I never ring them.  Always contact them via DM on Twitter.

@Clare340 

Here's a link detailing all the different ways to contact ABB. Phone numbers are listed.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide-UPDATED/td-p/413245

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Clare340 

If the booking is there in your booking list complete with booking number, it would most likely be a confirmed booking.  If it is not and still blocking your calendar, you need to contact airbnb.  Try the discuss tab above, it has a "help" section in the drop-down.

Google search should also give results, and there are FB and Twitter accounts where you can make contact.