guest cancellations

Kevin1855
Level 3
Lancaster, PA

guest cancellations

Hello valued community friends 🙂 

If a guest wants to cancel (and I have strict policy) and I'm OK with the cancellation - will they get 100% refund or does AirBnB take a point or 2?

thank you,

7 Replies 7
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kevin1855  Airbnb does not return the service fee to the guest.

Hello again,

quick question - what about the service fee for the host? Am I whole when I accept a cancellation or am i taking a hit as well? 

thank you!

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Kevin1855  

Welcome to the community! 😊

The host can do the full refund to the guest  but minus the service fee and taxes though the

‘Resolutions Center’

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/165/how-do-i-refund-my-guest

Not Recommended 

If the host cancels a guest's reservation, the guest will always get a full refund, including all fees

and taxes.

Host golden rules do not cancel on behalf of the guest, host penalties will apply.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/990/as-a-host-what-penalties-apply-if-i-cancel-a-reservation-for...

I hope you can resolve the issues.

Happy Hosting 😀

Kevin1855
Level 3
Lancaster, PA

thank you D&D,

yea I had 2 unique situations this week that threw me off.  I had one guest that needed to cancel - and I was fine with it - but i advised that they needed to cancel, not me, so I didn't have a strike against me. 

and the other guest wanted to extend their stay - but since it was within the 24 hour window of booking, they were able to cancel and rebook for the corrected length of stay.

I don't want to pay extra for a cancellation.

Thank you,

Once  i had also a situation where i need  to cancel the reservation, as guest do not want to do it. I did it but I got penalty for fine of 100 dollars and lost my status of super-host for a year. It's really a bad.

Rabina
Shine Home and Apartment
Shine Homestay famille francophone

Hi @Rabina0,

Welcome to the community! 😊

I am so sorry to hear about your experience.

In the future, if the guest requests you for the cancelation or before you need to cancel for the guest, do contact the Airbnb Support Help Center, live chat or message the team, acknowledge your concern to the case manager, and request them to assist you for a the better solution.

Happy Hosting, Way to Go✌️

@Dale711 

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Yes I did it 

Thank you once again

Rabina
Shine Home and Apartment
Shine Homestay famille francophone