guest review do not work

Answered!
Johan1311
Level 2
Wassenaar, Netherlands

guest review do not work

because guests can read the host his review it is not possible to write a bad review.
The might revenge with a bad review or be violent when they live nearby.

I reported this to AIRBNB but they did not change it.

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Johan1311   I think some may not understand your particular situation.  It appears your listing is marketed to locals more so than travelers.  Is that correct?  As such, you feel unsafe to provide honest reviews because your listing is vulnerable to retaliation by local people.  The purpose of the host review is to support the host community, but you must be able to do that safely.  You can still participate in the review process by giving the guest low star ratings that are not seen by the guest but are seen by hosts.  Then you write a neutral statement such as, "stayed a single night", which should trigger another host to view the star ratings and be warned of an undesireable guest.  You also can select the option that you would not host this guest again.  Hopefully other hosts of undesireable guests will contribute to the information about such guest so he/she will not be able to victimize hosts any more.

View Best Answer in original post

19 Replies 19

@Joan2410  Just speak to the disrespect without getting into the gritty details. Use phrases like "arrived with more guests than booked for, exceeding max occupancy, caused multiple damages, ignored house rules, left the home filthy, not recommended.

As you have 14 days to leave a review, give yourself a cool-down period, so you can leave emotion out of it. I think it can be helpful, if you're really angry, to write a review with what you'd really like to say, no holds barred, but not for publication, just on a piece of paper or your computer. That gets it out of your head.

Then write the real review when you're ready.

aha, we had the same. The only thing you can do in this system is:
Do not write a review (if you do not mind revenge, write a review), because those people can read it.
Except the damage
Contact AIRBNB and they will give you a present to keep the case hidden.

Today in the Dutch news:
Airbnb betaalt naar verluidt jaarlijks $50 miljoen uit aan gasten en verhuurders, waaronder voor het...

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Johan1311   I think some may not understand your particular situation.  It appears your listing is marketed to locals more so than travelers.  Is that correct?  As such, you feel unsafe to provide honest reviews because your listing is vulnerable to retaliation by local people.  The purpose of the host review is to support the host community, but you must be able to do that safely.  You can still participate in the review process by giving the guest low star ratings that are not seen by the guest but are seen by hosts.  Then you write a neutral statement such as, "stayed a single night", which should trigger another host to view the star ratings and be warned of an undesireable guest.  You also can select the option that you would not host this guest again.  Hopefully other hosts of undesireable guests will contribute to the information about such guest so he/she will not be able to victimize hosts any more.

Hello linda, You are right. this way it is possible but.....
I still do not understand why a guest can read my review.

Today a big article about AIRBNB was published in a Dutch newspaper.
Airbnb betaalt naar verluidt jaarlijks $50 miljoen uit aan gasten en verhuurders, waaronder voor het...

This system might be be a strategy that a host will never write a bad review.
What else can be the reason to make a host review public?

AIRBNB do not want the public to see the problems that occur. Shooting, damage, rape, theft and even body parts are found.

When hosts never write a bad reviews AIRBNB seems paradise.

It is sad that I can not see what guest will come to my house before agreeing to a booking.

@Johan1311 I'm not belittling your situation, but I think a claim that you still do not understand why guests can read the reviews that hosts leave them is disingenuous. The reason is obvious and simple. You may find that the system does not work for you, and that's fair enough, but it doesn't mean that your proposed "solution" would work better, in general.