listing suspension

listing suspension

My listing was recently suspended due to "an incident" unknown to me. Airbnb refused to tell me the details so I was unable to refute the claim.

How can one correct something if they don't know the full story. Has this happened to anyone else?   LM

7 Replies 7
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@R-Lee8 Sorry this happened to you. It is quite ridiculous that Airbnb does this. A quick search of the forum will reveal you are far from alone. Here is just one post,

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Can-t-Trust-the-Trust-amp-Safety-Team/m-p/1232833#M29673...

Hello Colleen my name is Kris. I'm in California very popular listing. Super host the whole time. I've just posted few different people about my listing being put on suspension. For the second time. You can find where I wrote that.I think .  I've never been on a form before, like this .I don't know what I'm doing. I'm just trying to get some help from other people with similar situations.  I know from reading just a few of other hosts situations. That there are major problems ,very similar , On going .where hosts are penalized by Airbnb for actions that a guest says happened and we are not allowed or being allowed to explain what really happened. ,  all of these Protocols to protect the guests. And very little rights for the hosts. this is dysfunctional  in the extreme. I know we can do something about it. to help this company, that I want to continue working with .we can help them do a better job. I am not comfortable saying anything more on an opened format for Emily, and anyone else to read and react badly to.  it may be unwise of me  doing this , but i do need the support of other people in my situation .so I'm offering you my phone number if you want to have a real conversation ,and talk about what's going on. **.

** [Phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Kris3563 I'm sorry to hear you went through a similar experience. I'd love to try and help, or at least make sure your feedback gets to the team, though I understand you do not want to share more publicly.

Could you maybe send me a Direct Message to tell me a bit more please? You can so easily by heading to my profile and clicking on "Send a message". Looking forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

HI @R-Lee8

I checked in with the team on my end and they have confirmed someone has now reached out to you. If you haven't seen it yet, could you perhaps check your email inbox, including the spam folder? Hopefully everything will be resolved shortly, but please let us know how you get on!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

I've had three responses from other hosts who experienced the same type problem. It helps to know I'm not the only one. Thanks for your help.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@R-Lee8  I only see positive reviews, but if you think back on any recent guests who were weird/dissatisfied, that is probably the source of the 'suspension' unless there is some kind of actual glitch with your listing, which is doubtful.

I really cannot understand why Airbnb treats hosts the way they do.

Cathi4
Level 3
Westminster, CO

Yes, just recently and they put us through hell.  But I want to share what saved our other listings from not being suspended.  We have each listing on a different email and that protected them.  If they refuse to unsuspend your listing you can actually start over (unfortunately with no reviews) by setting the account back up through a different email.  

Ours was because of a bizarre guest who actually admitted he was a paranoid schizophrenic.   He thought we had surveillance cameras under the door and some other ridiculous weird stuff.  (Like my husband was climbing down the egress window well to look in his window. )  We have almost 400 reviews averaging 4.9 stars and are a superhost.  They don't care.  It was shocking and deeply disturbing to say the least how we were treated.  My bubble has burst.  I no longer trust Airbnb.