New addition to the Community Center Team!

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New addition to the Community Center Team!

Hi everyone,

I hope you are having a lovely week so far. 🙂

I'm delighted to share some exciting news with you today, as our team is expanding! Joining @Quincy, @Sybe, @Stephanie and myself, as a Community Manager to support our wonderful hosting community here, is **drum-roll please** @Jenny

I’ll let her tell you a bit more about herself below - please give her a very warm welcome and make her feel at home!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

35 Replies 35

@Jenny You're on! My reading includes a whole lot of travel and culture books. Do I miss adventure traveling? Oh, my...do I ever! 

Stay in touch, and have fun with the CC. We are quite a mixture of people from all over, all of us sharing common goals.

John5097
Level 10
Charleston, SC

@Jenny 

Such a pleasant introduction! Welcome to the CC. What I've read often is how much everyone enjoys corresponding with with other host and guest from all over the world. It really is an interesting insight to so many individuals. Scotland also seems like such an interesting place.  

I haven't been reading as much as I used to. In the summer I enjoy reading at the beach in the afternoons, but hope to read more again. I've read different genres but mostly fiction and kind of drifted into the the classics.  I'm finishing up a Dostoyevsky novel and feel somewhat conflicted but sure I will finish it anyway. I'm always very curious what motivates people, and even with so much technology it seems like humanity ran out of original ideas long before the advent of the micro chip!

My first cat looked almost identical to your Wilber. It was a stray cat I rescued or followed me home when I was 5 years old. I wouldn't pick them up but managed to get them to follow me by pretending I had food. I haven't thought of it but its interesting that cats can end up looking identical on different parts of the planet. 🙂 

Edit: some of the crime novels were quite suspenseful with lots of twist and turns! 

@Jenny Hi Jenny .  Beautiful old tortoiseshell  baby. Amazing ears . I offer a curated book selection for guests but few take up the option,  but I will persist with those who care and who say they need downtime to read . For many people reading is such a relaxation but fewer people are doing it . I also offer photograph books and childrens books . History and travel and crime . Not horror generally but  maybe you could suggest some.Occaissonally I drop around the news papers because especially with older people it gives a sense of place and connection to the community. H

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Nothing makes me happier than going away somewhere, and having access to someone's books, @Helen744!

Which books are in your selection at the moment?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@John5097, that dogs called Walter John H.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @John5097 !  I love to hear about people from all over the world - it's exciting to see how others live.

Despite being such a fan of reading, I've never really attempted the classics!  Can you recommend anywhere to start?

Your first cat sounds like they chose you!  I love when that happens!

-----

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Jenny welcome to CC from downunder we have visited Scotland several times as it keeps calling us back with the countryside, buildings, history and the enjoy of listening to the Scottish voices. We have a connection with husbands father being born there and left when he was 4 yrs old.

Cooking and trying new receipes is a great way to open doors along with your friend. As @Helen744  mentions books for her guests I  too offer a selection of books to read and have made bookmarkers which has written on them saying "If you enjoying reading this and haven't finished you can take me home " This is my way of turning over our books in our collection.

It is great to see other Aussies welcomming you @Robin4  and @Helen744 and I am sure you will enjoy this journey that you will be taken on and sometimes shaking your head thinking how did we end up here, how can peoples thoughts change in the opposite direction and I am now at a dead end, what was the real positive outcome.

But all I am sure your travels around the world through hosts from different parts of this world we share and have similar ideas for the better of Airbnb.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Laurelle3

I'm so pleased that you enjoy Scotland!  Where have you visited?  Where was your father in law born?

I'd love to know what you've got in your book selection at the moment too!

Australia looks like such a beautiful place to visit.  My best friend lives in Brisbane, so I'm hoping to one day go and visit her, as we only see each other when she's home visiting family.  The last time was January/February 2020 - they just got back to Australia before the travel rules changed.

-----

Welcome @Jenny 

I don’t know Scotland well but have a fond memory of staying at Dalhousie Castle near Edinburgh for a weeklong writing retreat.

Glad you’re on the team!

6EBA77D1-A15E-4D6C-9E05-C0B558F908F7.jpeg

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Christine615!  What a wonderful photo!

Dalhousie Castle is just up the road from me, maybe an hour away!  Such a beautiful location.

I really hope you enjoyed your time in Scotland!

-----

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Amazing photo @Christine615!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

A bit late to the party here, but welcome to the team @Jenny! 🎉🎉

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @Quincy - better late than never! 😀

-----

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

2DE593A9-41E6-4551-91FC-5662AA3B698D.jpeg
A belated welcome @Jenny , from Darwin!  Tilly here, says hi!

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Cathie19 and to lovely Tilly!  How are you both doing today?  I'm sending a gentle nose boop to Tilly!

-----