Calendar problems

Answered!
Lucinda-Beaumont0
Level 2
Riding Mill, United Kingdom

Calendar problems

I think I am a victim of this really annoying calendar problem that seems to be happening whereby dates which I have blocked randomly become unblocked. VERY frustrating, although I keep an eye on this every day to catch them when it happens. However, even more annoyingly, I have just noticed that the system is allowing potential guests to book any time in advance when I clearly state I would only like 6 months in advance. The setting looks correct but the dates still haven't blocked out. I don't know what else I can do to fix this! Please help!

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Lucinda-Beaumont0  How annoying and frustrating for you.  You should be able to trust that the platform is working.  Sure, every once in a while any platform will glitch, but if you have to sit on it daily, Air BNB needs to be notified.  The community guide on this site has several options for contacting Air BNB, I like to use Twitter for technical issues.

View Best Answer in original post

73 Replies 73

The #1 rule of hosting on this platform is, do not cancel a guest...ever!   If there is a system error allowing a booking of blocked days, Air BNB should be contacted to address the issue so you do not incur the host penalties for cancelling.  Here is a guide for contacting Air BNB.  Perhaps something can be done now.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

I am a new co- host and I have problems not being able to see a calendar for future months. Only May is appearing but further down the page I can actually see bookings for June etc. I had wanted to block some dates in June but had to ask for Airbnb Support to do this manually on my behalf. 

They couldnt answer why im having this problem. I would appreciate all / any help.

Thank You (in advance) 

Regards

Sue 

Have just someone instruct me on how to do this.

No need now.

Many Thanks

Nathan320
Level 1
San Antonio, TX

My calendar issue is for the month of September 2019. A guest wants a room for Saturday evening September 21...my AirBnB calendar thinks the 21st is a Tuesday. 

Melisande0
Level 3
Imperial Beach, CA

I awoke this morning to find my calendars had become unlinked, and two instant bookings had come in during times when my place is already booked!  I had to re-link the calendars, and notify the people that Airbnb had made a mistake.  What happened, Airbnb?

Kai123
Level 3
Munich, Germany

Since some days all future bookings in my iPhone Airbnb App calendar turned dark grey (instead of dark green). Also since this time I haven't received any new bookings which is unusual for my listing. Any ideas?

Lyn4735
Level 2
Gold Coast, AU

Hi, I am new to hosting on Air BNB and just listed my property. Friends and family have contacted me saying my online listing calendar is blocked out till June which I am not but my profile calendar is correct. So I went into my profile listing and clicked view and sure enough it's showing no availability, shouldn't the be they same or do I have to sync them? Or  could I have done something whilst trying to navigate as a new user un-knowningly? How am I to get booking if it's saying no availability? Please help! thank you Lyn

Roger278
Level 2
Fuquay Varina, NC

This is still an issue for me.  And so far, I'm not seeing the solution.  What have you all done to resolve this issue?  I try linking it to my Google calendar, and I just had to delete it and attempt to recreate, and it's still not showing my current bookings.  WTF.

The calendar is a waste of time they have talked me threw the calendar link with Booking.com, next thing is people book on Airbnb but the link is not working with booking.com we have set this up several times 

last record was 21st December and still they have done nothing about it 5/01/2020 I have had so many double booking making me look like a wright idiot ,,people should think twice before using Airbnb I have lost so much money other my busy time of year.

I have problem now with my Airbnb calendar, the guest wants to book February 17-19, 2021, but it doesn't shows availabilities on their end
How can I fixed this, I cannot even contact support via call :'( 

Patty287
Level 1
Phoenix, AZ

My calendar is randomly showing blocked dates that are actually reserved. This is happening on only iOS, not windows. Everything is updated, I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled but nothing is working. The support from Air bnb is horrific right now. I cannot get ahold of anyone. If they do respond they send me links to basic calendar management. Has anyone else had this problem lately??

Roy15
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I block or release dates as a host and when I later check as a prospective host using a different computer to see if the calendar changes have been set they often have not!!

How can this be resolved? Why is it so hard to get to talk to anyone from the platform?

Roy15
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Sorry  should be "prospective guest"

Geraldine320
Level 2
Baladou, France

Hi.

Just seen this post, and I have an issue with Airbnb, as they charged me a cancellation penalty when my calendar became unblocked without my knowledge, and they will not acknowledge the problem, and refund me. Has anyone had the same issue with unjustified penalties?