Cannot provide review on our guest

Answered!
Isobelle0
Level 2
Kawakawa, New Zealand

Cannot provide review on our guest

Hi. We just had our first guest staying with us. We would like to leave a review but there is no option to do so. We looked everywhere in addition to the profile section --> reviews by you. There it says "Nobody to review right now." which puzzles me. Any suggestion why we cannot review our guest?

1 Best Answer
Maxine0
Level 10
Brighton, United Kingdom

Isabel - you'll receive an email from airbnb approx 24hrs after guest leaves asking you to review guest. The guest will also get email to review you.

View Best Answer in original post

96 Replies 96

I'm also not able to review my latest guest, not sure why. I really want to leave a review...

Kath1
Level 1
Port Melbourne, Australia

I don't think this is fixed yet. It's been over 24 hours since our guests left and I still can't write a review.

Can the AirBnB tech team escalate this job? It's kinda important.

Thanks

Kate47
Level 2
Sanlúcar de Barrameda, ES

Definitely not fixed yet...I can't leave a review of our host and it's been 2 days since we checked out. 

Dione1
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

I have the same problem. My guests checked out over 48 hours ago and I have not received an email notification to review yet. Lizzie, is there an update from the tech team on this issue?

Clare13
Level 2
Cardiff, United Kingdom

Same here for me, in Wales. My last lovely guests checked out 4 nights ago & nothing! What's going on?

Jane47
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I rang them on 020 3318 1111 and was put through to a very helpful guy who sorted the problem.  Suggest you do the same and if enough of us do it, they will hopefully look into it, if not already.

Jane

Joanna14
Level 2
Annan, United Kingdom

I rang the 0203 318 1111 number and unlike previous times about other issues I spoke to a new Airbnb rep who didn't really know what to do. He said there was aproblem with the system that it was delayed and that I could request my guest to a give me a reference instead...??? but surely references should only come from people who know you well??? He also mentioned that I only had 48 Hours to leave a review... If that were the case then I'd have already missed that boat!

I have not requested a reference as I think it is a wrong thing to do and will wait a little longer.

COME ON AIRBNB IF YOU KNOW YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH REVIEWS:

A) FIX IT QUICKLY !!! IT'S THE LIFEBLOOD OF THE SYSTEM THAT KEEPS EVERYTHING TICKING

B) PUBLISH A WORK AROUND  SO WE KNOW WHAT TO DO TO MAKE IT WORK

C) TRAIN YOU OPERATORS DEALING WITH THESE ISSUES SO THEY KNOW WHAT TO DO

As an aside you could also have a service status button so Hosts/Guests know when there are problems and get updates on the status/workarounds/fixes

Martin & Jo

Peter-and-Anne0
Level 1
Portsmouth, United Kingdom

I have the same problem and thanks for supplying the phone number which I will phone later - it seems rather strange that if the problem can be sorted out for one (i.e. yourselves) then why can't it be sorted out for everyone at the same time. Also, I would have thought that AirBNB would have sent an automated notification to all its members notifying them of the problem before we wasted so much time trying to resolve it ourselves - this is definitely a communication zero rating for AirBNB from us - Pete and Anne in UK 

Beth18
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi there, Yes, my 2nd group of airbnb guests left yesterday and I have not received a prompt to review them.  There are several reasons why I am keen to get this review written, and to receive my own review, in particular because I understand this is precisely how hosts can improve their booking rates.  Potential guests need to be able to read reviews and it is quite frustrating that there is such a time lag to this process.  My next guests will check in in the next couple of hours, but I have still not been able to review those who departed yesterday at 10am.

Same here! Our guests checked out 2 days ago, and another checked out this morning, and there are no options to leave either a review! It is distressing that this issue is happening, especially since the quality and timeliness of OUR responses are "rated" and affect our reputation in this world, yet it's the Airbnb tech situation that is slowing us down. We are just getting started in this adventure of hosting, and so far it's been great, but honesly Airbnb, isn't there somewhere to call or email you directly?? Can't there be an automatic link where we go to review people rather than waiting for your email?? And why is there no tech support, even through email or chatting? PLEASE keep us posted!

Florencia0
Level 6
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Same here!

Lizzie,

As someone else mentioned, it seems odd for us to have to wait to be notified before reviewing a departed guest. Why not simply enable it immediately after the on-record checkout time? Or, if your developers can't figure out how to utilize that on-record info from your database, then midnight (local time) of the checkout day. Tghat makes sense logically, ans as someone whose career has been in software, is entirely do-able. I can't see any logic in a longer timed delay.

Hi,

My guests checked out 28/03/2016 and I still can't write them a review. 

Could you please advise when the review issue will be fixed. 

If it's not resolved soon, my guest might not bother writing me a review at all as a host. 

Little frustrating that this issue is weeks old at this point. 

Thanks,

Geraldine

Ioana2
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Same problem here. It's really inconvenient, as I have just started hosting and receiving a review is really crucial at this point. Even my guests contacted me to tell me they could not write a review. Can this get fixed soon, please?!

Same here. It's been 3 days now since checkout.