my listing is not in search results

Barbara15
Level 3
Tbilisi, Georgia

my listing is not in search results

I can not find my listing in search results (id 1858907), it used to be on first pages usually and i always had 5 star reviews, lately I haven't got any requests, no wonder, i am not in search results on 17 pages. If I zoom in the map on my street (and not neighborhood), then my listings comes up on the very last page, but this is not a help. Who is searching like that? I have  a feeling that airbnb is tricking hard. How can this incomplete listing appear before mine: (id 9325705)? My friend have the same problems with their listings, and they are also experienced airbnb users for several years already. I was told that airbnb has technical problem with search results (they only show 17 pages) and they are trying to fix it. But, I don't believe this. I think there is something else going on here. I am very disappointed!

140 Replies 140

@Lisa648 Nope, I'm not an Airbnb employee.  Which of your three listings are you not able to find?  I recommend that you enter dates, number of guests, property type, amenities etc. and then go to the map.  Let me know!

Clare

I agree with you Lisa as I m experiencing the same problem!

Natalia97
Level 1
Lausanne, Switzerland

Hi all,

I am having the same issues with Airbnb (I'm in Switzerland). I haven't had many enquiries at all and I can't find my listing. I tried also last month and the same problem. ..

=( 

Natalia

Many problems with searches. Today when you complete a search, it comes back and says 21 listings.  It shows that there are two pages. You  can see the first page and when you go to second page it changes to over 300 listings but is no longer for the area searched. It is listings all over the world!!

Diana70
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

hi I am in Edinburgh and just discovered that I am not even listed although I am a superhost also with 5 stars. I wondered why I wasn't getting any reservations over the past month. Does anyone know who to contact in Airbnb about this? I had a difficult experience recently with the dispute resolution service and wonder if there could be a connection there.

Diana

@Diana70. Your listing is showing in results.  The thing is that there are so many Airbnb listings in Edinburgh, you need to use many preferences to narrow the search results to include your listing.  Besides searching in Edinburgh for a Private Room for 2 during September 29 to October 1, I also selected Wifi, Free Parking, Family Friendly and Laptop Friendly to find your listing.  Here it is: 

Edinburg.jpeg

I also used a price range as you can see. 

Cheers, Clare

Diana70
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

very belated thanks for your reply. I only just noticed it 🙂

@Diana70 Better late than never! Hope all is going well with you and your listing!

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Hi @Barbara15@Magda0 I did two searches for your entire home listing.  The first search was filtered to show listings $58 + and I didn't see it. I did another search limiting the price range to $58 to $145 and your listing came up on page 2.  I think if guests filter for price range they will find you.  That said, this time of year is horrendous for bookings.

Hi Clare,

Thank you for your answer and for taking the time to do the search.

It is definitely a bad period for bookings I guess.

Searching by prices I can find my advert easly, let's hope the guests search by price too. When not using the price option for August I am in the last pages. I guess I need patience and to let pass the Christmas period to see if it gets better.

Thank you so much,

Magda

There are a lot of random things going on with Airbnb.  I have had the same problems with some of my listings what were once very poplular and then suddenly they are no where to be found in the search list.  I think AIrbnb: 1) expanding too fast and having technicial difficulities  2) penalize hosts for god knows what.

I feel the same, we have even improved since last year but still can not find my 2 listings in search results. There is definately somthing going on with Airbnb discriminating against certain listings. I wish they were available to ask directly.... this is not professional!!!!

Hello, I know this thread is very old - excuse me - but I too, can't find my listing at all. I filter for 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and price and it's not on the map. I don't get any enquiries at all. And so far, do all my business through long term lettings company and through Home Away. I hate to be beaten at my laptop but I'm stumped. Now Clare, you seem very clued up. What else could I try? best, Phi

@Philippa26 Thanks for the compliment!  Actually your listing is showing in search results.  I searched for an Entire Home in Lavit, 8 guests, September 1 - 3.  Here's your listing: 

Lavit.jpeg

When you search, think like a guest: Where do I want to go?  When do I want to go / stay?  How many are in my group? What kind of amenities do I need?  Do I want an Entire Home, Private Room or is a Shared room ok? What am I willing to spend?

Note that the price showing in search reflects your additional charge for guests after the first guest.  When a guest searches by nightly rate, Airbnb calculates and includes additional guest fees and cleaning fees to come up with the actual nightly rate.  So, if a guest enters a nightly rate range, you listing will only appear if the guests' range includes $429 USD (my currency selection) for a 2 night, 8 guest reservation.  

Hope this helps!

Clare

Thank you so much, Clare, that's good to know it's there. I put in those filters except for 'amenitites' but it didn't come up, nor on the map. I didn't understand the relevance of extra guests if booking an entire home but I usually have it at £0 but today changed it and have now reverted to 0. Oh well, I'll try again down the line. Hope to get a booking one day! Funny, I get lots of enquiries from my other adverts. Thanks again. best regards, Phi