2023 winter release

Ben38
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

2023 winter release

I wonder if someone could help. When airbnb rolls the guest service fee into the price the host charges in early 2024 does this mean your host turnover increases by this amount. I say this because if it does it might push some hosts in the UK over the £85,000 VAT threshold. It’s unclear with what i’ve read on the airbnb early access notes. They say fees won’t change. Do they just jump the price by the fees and remit to hosts a breakdown showing the guest feee was taken still. Or do guest fees disappear entirely and now it’s all one host fee. many thanks. i have looked but couldn’t find a discussion on this 

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ben38 when we had the early access to this feature Airbnb showed the full price in the calendar but then the payout only showed the host fee. That said they pulled (delayed) the release of this because it was very confusing. 

It is not clear to me if hosts were always supposed to show the fully grossed up charges (ie what the guest pays) on their tax returns even before this change.

Ben38
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

thanks for this. So when you get your statement from airbnb about a particular booking there is now no mention at all of guest service fee? It’s all rolled into the host service fee? Also do you know when it’s been delayed until. I was told it would be early 2024. thanks again