Advertising On Facebook

Answered!
Alexandra723
Level 1
Kalmar County, Sweden

Advertising On Facebook

Could Airbnb and Facebook make an agreement that our listings are under the category “hotel” not “housing”? That makes it possible for me to create marketing designed and addressed to specific groups of people (age, interests etc).

I want to be able to advertise on Facebook when there are upcoming events in my area. 🚲🌻🦉🐎🥳

As it is now Facebook doesn’t allow to choose certain groups of people for “housing” because it’s, by us law, discrimination. 

What I’m talking about is not how the advertisement looks when it’s chowing at the fb, instagram users screen.

What I’m asking for is to be able to choose, on Facebook advertisements settings, so that my listing will be directed to people that maybe will travel to my area and need somewhere to stay at certain occasions.

(English is not my first language so maybe what I wrote above is partly in Swenglish, Swedish-English. Hope it’s understandable 🙂)

Love being a host and meet people from all over the world 🌎 🩷

Feedback is warmly welcome 🙏 🌷🧚

Alexandra

1 Best Answer
Farhan51
Level 3
England, United Kingdom

Hi there,

I just read your post and I think you've got a pretty interesting point. As someone who is helping my friend with marketing his Airbnb on Google, I can see where you're coming from and I totally understand your aim to target specific groups for events in your area.

Sadly, we don't have the control over how Facebook categorizes Airbnb listings. They have policies in place to prevent discrimination, which is why they limit targeting options for housing listings. It's a tough nut to crack, because while it’s limiting our marketing options, it also serves a critical role in preventing discrimination.

However, you could perhaps explore other avenues for advertising your listing. For instance, you might consider setting up a standalone website for your property and optimising it for search engine visibility. Then, you could run targeted ad campaigns through Google AdWords or other platforms that allow for more specific targeting, like you're seeking, if you want I can provide some advice on this.

Moreover, consider reaching out to local event organisers directly and offering your place as a potential lodging option for attendees.

I'd love to hear if you have tried any other ways to market your listing.

And don't worry about your English, it's clear and gets your point across well. Being a part of this global community, it's always exciting to communicate with people from different parts of the world!

Keep hosting and making the world a friendlier place! 🌍🩷

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Farhan51
Level 3
England, United Kingdom

Hi there,

I just read your post and I think you've got a pretty interesting point. As someone who is helping my friend with marketing his Airbnb on Google, I can see where you're coming from and I totally understand your aim to target specific groups for events in your area.

Sadly, we don't have the control over how Facebook categorizes Airbnb listings. They have policies in place to prevent discrimination, which is why they limit targeting options for housing listings. It's a tough nut to crack, because while it’s limiting our marketing options, it also serves a critical role in preventing discrimination.

However, you could perhaps explore other avenues for advertising your listing. For instance, you might consider setting up a standalone website for your property and optimising it for search engine visibility. Then, you could run targeted ad campaigns through Google AdWords or other platforms that allow for more specific targeting, like you're seeking, if you want I can provide some advice on this.

Moreover, consider reaching out to local event organisers directly and offering your place as a potential lodging option for attendees.

I'd love to hear if you have tried any other ways to market your listing.

And don't worry about your English, it's clear and gets your point across well. Being a part of this global community, it's always exciting to communicate with people from different parts of the world!

Keep hosting and making the world a friendlier place! 🌍🩷