Airbnb Paused and Missing Payouts

Answered!
Leslie195
Level 4
Charlottetown, Canada

Airbnb Paused and Missing Payouts

Airbnb Support sent me a message on May 2nd saying they needed further information to verify my business and that my payouts would be paused until I sent them the documents they requested. There was no way to reply to the message they sent (the thread was closed) so I had to call and write them to inquire about how to provide them with this information, which I did immediately, daily, for seven days, before any of the customer service reps who answered were able to provide me instructions on how to send them the information they requested. I sent them the info they requested 4 days ago, and now I continue to wait for them to update my account, with no end in sight. 11 days with no payouts being released and counting. Every call and message with Customer Support does not get me any further, except for receiving their sympathies.

I've now also discovered that 15 of my Payouts from April were not sent, and I'm in the process of investigating if there were many more bookings for which Airbnb did not pay me for.

I can't spend my days trying to fight for the money I am owed from Airbnb. Is there anyone here having the same issues? How did you get it resolved, if you did get it resolved?

Is there anyone here who would like to join a class action suit for late payouts? I would like to be paid interest for the late payments (assuming they eventually pay me!) and be paid for my time for having to fight to get my rental earnings. It's no small matter to have to try to fight a massive company like Airbnb to get the rental earnings from your properties. They have broken their contract with me and I think they deserve to pay penalties for their errors.

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Leslie195 , I hope the situation has been resolved for you and might have heard back about your payouts!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Leslie195 ,

Just wanted to double-check if you had completed the KYC requirements for your Host account as stated here: Verifying your Host account.

I am also reaching out to the concerned teams if they have any advice related to it. I hope this gets resolved for you soon.

-----

I have, I had done that months ago. They required more verification of my business, which I sent right away. The problem is the Airbnb team isn't equipped to do this quickly, which I understand. However, my having to wait to get paid until they figure out how to update my account is not a reasonable way to handle this situation. I wish they would simply release my payouts while they work on it. Then I wouldn't have to be in such a panic.

@Leslie195 @Vanessa-and-Nicole0

Did you receive your outstanding monies owed to you?
And an explanation as to why the monies owed to you were frozen prior to any action taken against your account?

Hi there,

I still have no resolution to getting paid for my bookings and no timeframe in which it will be taken care of. 

Please look into this for me.

Thank you,
Leslie

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Leslie195 ,

I wish I could do more but just wanted to let you know that we are not an official Support channel and that we do not have access to any tools that would immediately address the situation.

I have nudged the team again regarding this and hope they will look into it as soon as possible.  Thank you for your continued patience.

-----

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Leslie195 , I hope the situation has been resolved for you and might have heard back about your payouts!

-----

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Leslie195 the reviews that you have do not reflect 14 stays in April , missing or otherwise. Are you not receiving reviews or is one of your places delisted. I would really try and have that review about 'the bugs removed'. It is amazing how many people make the mistake of believing that an insect of any nature can somehow give you a flu or covid or some such.I think they misunderstand when people say 'bug ' as in a 'germ ' not actually a garden critter and jump to foolish conclusions.we all get  busy but surely 14 payments missing is an issue long before they add up like that?...H

Hey Leslie,

Is this just a Canadian thing? The only thing that has ever paused our payments was missing or incorrect tax or bank account info from when we set up our client's listings. Once we get the correct information and add it to the payouts section, it is almost immediately resolved.

I can't imagine that will help, but I hope it does.

Cheers,

Stay Local Vacation Rentals

Nolan-Rey0
Level 2
Cebu City, Philippines

I'm from Philippines and has been hosting for 3 years now. This July, I experienced my first missing payout. I called the international contact number of the support team multiple times now and they just keep on saying that I have to check with my bank (which I already did) and they will escalate my issue to the right department and they will reach out to me. It's been days and no helpful message received. All I got is a proof document that Airbnb has already released the money which is not really the answer I'm looking for. It's like Airbnb is taking a "defensive stance" like they're saying," hey this is not my problem anymore. go find that money on your own!" If they are truly partnered with Payoneer to do bank transfer in foreign countries, why can't they include them in this kind of issues?

Now if you need testimonies for your legal case, hell I'm in! I want Airbnb to take responsibility for this!