Airbnb not releasing Payouts

Answered!
Xhulia2
Level 2
Bismarck, ND

Airbnb not releasing Payouts

Hello, 

I have been a host since 2021 and currently I manage 6 different listings for my parents in my home country Albania. Initially when I set the deposits from Airbnb to the bank account I put a threshold of minimum $500 to avoid any unnecessary fees that might be charged to bank accounts in my home country. I set up 2 bank accounts, a personal one in the US and one that belongs to my mom in our home country Albania.  Everything was working flawlessly until about December 2022. I received an email to verify my account which I think I did but there was never a reply from anyone on Airbnb. I have provided a personal ID, a social security number,  and everything else necessary for my account. This email from Airbnb Support in December 2022 stated that:  "Airbnb will stop payout if you don't verify the account" and I thought that I did take the necessary steps. Fast forward to May 2023, it was quite a busy month with bookings and still no money was coming to my account. From September 2022 to May 31 2023, I am missing about $1600 in payments and if we include the rest of the summer months for 2023 there will be a total of $6000 or more that might not get paid out if things don't get resolved. I reached customer support through my host account several time through phone and via chat and all I get after they verify my information is a very courteous answer saying: "We are looking into this issue and you haven't verified your account. We will again follow up the ticket report to the dedicated team" and so forth but days go by and guests continue to check in, we continue to provide the best service to them and still no money released to me and no follow up about anything.

If my account is not verified than how come people can continue booking my properties? It doesn't make sense for guests to continue making reservations while hosts wondering whether we will get paid or not. If there is a guest who cancels or is unhappy about a reservation Airbnb goes into action right away asking me as a host to make things right as soon as possible. When things go wrong for me as a host, Airbnb takes its sweet time. If all I have to do is verify my account one would think that a it would be a very simple process for a someone who has been active as an Airbnb host for 3 years to verify this account. Yet here we are, a week passed by and no action yet from Airbnb support center, no timeline, no resolution whatsoever. I am going to wait, until they force me to take the necessary legal actions to make sure I get paid what I am owed. 

1 Best Answer

Hello Bhumika, 

Thank you for replying to my post so quickly. I am happy to let you know that today I received a message from Airbnb support team saying that the payouts for my account are not restricted any longer and that all the pending payouts since September 2022 have been released to my account, which is quite a relief as I was getting worried. 

Just to provide some clarification in regards to what was being requested from me, I still don't know. The email sent on December 2022 about verifying my account, when I clicked on the link it showed as expired or I would get an error page. Anytime I tried to find out what I was missing I didn't get any specific information as to what I was missing or what I needed to do on my end. Also, I updated again all the information about me under my profile. 

Again I was getting worried as some hosts were saying that they have been waiting for months on end to no result. Thankfully that was not the case for me. 

Thank you again. 

Sincerely, 

Xhulia

View Best Answer in original post

15 Replies 15
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Xhulia2 , 

I am so sorry to hear that you are still awaiting payments and it has not been resolved.

If I may ask, is there any specific information that you are being asked, in order to verify your account?

It would be worth reviewing if your account is up-to-date with relevant information. I am sharing this article for you as well that outlines Verifying your Host account.

Meanwhile, I will contact the concerned team for further advice on this matter.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hello Bhumika, 

Thank you for replying to my post so quickly. I am happy to let you know that today I received a message from Airbnb support team saying that the payouts for my account are not restricted any longer and that all the pending payouts since September 2022 have been released to my account, which is quite a relief as I was getting worried. 

Just to provide some clarification in regards to what was being requested from me, I still don't know. The email sent on December 2022 about verifying my account, when I clicked on the link it showed as expired or I would get an error page. Anytime I tried to find out what I was missing I didn't get any specific information as to what I was missing or what I needed to do on my end. Also, I updated again all the information about me under my profile. 

Again I was getting worried as some hosts were saying that they have been waiting for months on end to no result. Thankfully that was not the case for me. 

Thank you again. 

Sincerely, 

Xhulia

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Xhulia2,

I'm delighted to hear that your situation has been resolved. Thank you very much for providing the update. I will tag @Bhumika here so that she can also receive the update.

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Absolutely elated to hear the update @Xhulia2 ! Keep in touch and all the best! 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

I had a guest from june 3rd. Normally I had to get the payment from 4th on. I still don't have it since 25 days and I contacted them almost everyday. They also called me multiple times and lied to me that it's being solved soon. I got copy pasted messages from customer service. And then some messages that says they will pay me soon. I also have an upcoming visit and they will probably not pay that one too! My mother is the host and she is doing sooo much to host the guest best , and she gets nothing. She even did some improvements in the house thinking she will get the money. This really isn't okay. Can anyone help?

Nolan-Rey0
Level 2
Cebu City, Philippines

Just want to know if you already got your payout? I'm having the same issue too. If you did get yours, how many days was it delayed? 

@Nolan-Rey0 

Did you get this matter resolved?

Or are you still hanging in limbo?

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Nihan9Did you finally get this matter resolved in a positive manner?

I am experiencing a similar situation. I started hosting on Airbnb because I had spinal surgery and didn’t have any income. So to keep afloat, I rented out my space. I had no issues with payment until my last guest. I spoke to about 13 different people in the support department, was told a supervisor would contact me (they never did) and now my electricity has been shut off because I was going to use that money to get caught up. The medicine I need that I keep in the fridge is going to waste, my food, everything, is being impacted, and not a single person at customer support has given me a resolution. I’m being told now to wait 4 more business days, when I have 17 cents to my name, no food, no medicine, and no electricity. The level of incompetence at the support department is ridiculous, and they are now putting my health at risk

@Yuri356 It is probably a good idea to as k the electric company for assistance to immediately have your electric put back on if it is an emergency Yuri and work out a payment plan . Its not initially a good idea to rely on the 'clockwork ' of Airbnb to pay any bills because hosting does cost and I feel at times that its always a catch up game.I hope that you are managing to host people nevertheless. Please make sure it is clear in your listing that you also live in the apartment . guests will need to be cancelled if there is no electricity so that is of major importance.Make a payment plan with the date of first payment as far out as you can and for when you have the money.Stick to it . also are you aware that often the first payments will not be received until the first month has passed. Please read all you can on your dash board . i am sure that this will work out for you after the first hiccups . i hope your back improves , dont do too much heavy lifting , I think you will need a cleaner..and Good Luck ... i always like to say 'those of us who have a home are the lucky ones".. H. 

Yes, I had already set up a payment plan with the electric company, but this payment is delaying me from keeping to that agreement. This isn’t my first guest, I’ve hosted other guests and have had no issues with payout until now ( my 9th guest).  I had a cleaning lady, who was also supposed to be paid and has now canceled her services until I pay her for the last job she did. 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Yuri356 

Did you get the monies owed to you through ABB Paid and this matter resolved successfully?

Hi there. Im also experiencing the same issue. Can you tell me more on what can i do?

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Xhulia2

Did the link by chance have the letters 'stav' in the link itself when you clicked onto it?