Anyone else being wrongly rejected by the Co-Host Platform?

Megan948
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

Anyone else being wrongly rejected by the Co-Host Platform?

I live in San Antonio, TX and applied to the Co-Host Platform. I meet all the requirements (4.8+ rating, 10+ stays, 3%- cancellation rate), but each time I apply it comes back that I don't meet the criteria. I've reached out 4x over the last 30 days and each time I'm told it'll be forwarded to the correct department, but I never hear back.

It seems there's a glitch in the system and no one is taking ownership to look into it and get it fixed. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Anyone find a fix?

5 Replies 5

Hi @Megan948 

I don't believe the Experienced Co-Host platform is available in Texas yet? 

Available in:

"...select states in the United States (Florida, California, Illinois, Colorado, Arizona)..."

Experienced Co-Hosts

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/3378

I attended the overview meeting on Fri, 2/9 and they said it was now open nationwide. I can see other co-hosts from San Antonio now. But even before that, they told me I could join and setup my profile; it just wouldn't be active until the city launched. However, I can't get in at all OR get someone to respond.

You have the most updated info then @Megan948 . This is the first I have heard they are opening it up nationwide? Hopefully it gets resolved soon. Maybe another Host can chime in who has more info?

Jadzia3
Level 1
Miami, FL

Hey Megan, I’ve been experiencing the same issue! Currently waiting on a response from Airbnb, it does seem like the deny is automated as they send out so quickly after applying. I’ve moved to a different state since the initial application and tried again with the same outcome, so I doubt the decision is related to location. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this now. I'll tell you...you're in for a ride! It took me nearly 2 months and staying very persistent before they were able to find the issue with my account. They said it was a technical issue and they were working on a fix so it wouldn't happen to others. But I had to initiate several contact points and wouldn't let it go. Stay strong!