Anyone else see website errors everywhere?

Anyone else see website errors everywhere?

Asking here to see if its just me or if everyone is seeing this.

I only use the website in a browser for Airbnb, which I guess is the minority with most folks using the mobile app. Ever since this last update (and I've opted into Beta, so that may be a factor) I get errors to the point where the website is unusable - I give up and try to come back again later.

1. Every step of the login process errors 2 or more times before it works
  2. Messages throw errors on 1 or more sections 50% of the time where I have to refresh the page 5 or 6 times to clear them
  3. Error on the Host Dashboard page several times, which is the only error that actually said that it was JSON related

I am hoping they are getting error reports so I haven't submitted a ticket but it is so egregious I'm guessing this surely can't be everyone's experience. Thanks in advance for your input!

Screen Shot 2024-08-12 at 11.29.26.png

Screen Shot 2024-08-12 at 14.01.13.png

4 Replies 4
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Marina481 

I only use the desktop and have early release no issues but I was having a similar problem on a website hosting platform I use and you know what fixed it.  I have ccleaner software on my desktop and running that to clear my caches fixed my errors. lol  Took 3 Support people with then but it works now.  Maybe if you clear the cache on your desktop?

Thank you, I'll try that!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Marina481 👋

Sorry you're getting this issue. Would you be able to try some basic troubleshooting steps for me please? Part of these steps is what @Marie8425 has mentioned below about clearing your cache. 

• Log out (on all affected devices/browsers)
  • Close all browser windows/tabs (on all affected devices/browsers)
  • Open ONE new window (on all affected devices/browsers)
  • Clear cache and cookies and browser history (on all affected devices/browsers)
  • Delete & re-install app (if applicable)

From there, we can see if the issue persists, and if so, I can forward it to the right team. Good luck! 🍀 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Marina481 

We have not opted in to the new software release and have not seen these errors.

As you mention, the problem is when you are in the messages tab. It's possible you are right that since you opted in early to the new release this is related to that? One host I work with using the new software,  I have noticed that sometimes the messages in the App are not synced with the messages when viewing on a browser (info has changed in the message on the computer, but not in the App message view). For the time being, try to only access messages in the App and use the computer for everything else if possible.

I have only seen the "parse" error in the past when trying to open up a Host Guidebook that has a large number of entries (file size too large). It's probably best to forward the screen shots to Airbnb and maybe try what @Marie8425 suggests to get around this in the mean time. You can also try a different browser on your computer (use Firefox instead of chrome). However, in the past when I did that, I still got the error on the other browser.

I don't like clearing my cache, as it removes all my bookmarks. You could try logging off Airbnb on all devices (Tablet, phone, computer). Then try logging back into Airbnb on your computer only using your email (not phone number).