Anyone noticing a drop in demand?

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

Anyone noticing a drop in demand?

There was definitely a surge in travelers once people got vaccinated and wanted to travel for the first time since the onset of the pandemic. But now, it seems not so much. It might also be because of renewed fears of at least some states shutting everything down all over again.

1 Reply 1
Sam4395
Level 4
Lafayette, CO

Yeah there was quite a substantial rise in bookings for all of my properties a couple months ago. While things have somewhat leveled out there is still a consistent flow of bookings for me. The most guests that I have had are from areas which removed mask mandates earlier than most other states. Under your presumptions, I believe these guests do not carry the fear of traveling like many other guests might and are therefor filling up bookings where ever they can find. However, these guests are taken back when I inform them that there are still regulations in place that are not current in their home states such as masks and party size limits. Additionally, my cleaners have noticed quite a mix in the cleanliness of guests; some are 100% considerate while others treat the property like a frat house. Regardless, fee's are distributed accordingly and bookings keep flowing in. I'll be interested to see how this changes when the winter months are upon us all and if the fear of sickness spreads wider than the angst for a vacation.