Best way to get a guest to sign a form before their stay?

Mike2218
Level 1
Dillon, CO

Best way to get a guest to sign a form before their stay?

My HOA requires that STR guests read and sign a multiple page document before their stay.  For years, I have just been emailing this form to the guest before their stay.  Now I have noticed that AIRBNB no longer gives a generic email contact for us to email the guest.  Has anyone figured out a better way to accomplish this?  

6 Replies 6
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

If you use the Airbnb hosting tools, an “email guest” link is displayed under the reservation.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Mike2218 

- You can still use the temporary emailadress to sent an atachment:

Use the email alias feature

- You can sent an attachment via the message system

AirBNB did away with the email alias feature, it say it in the link you shared.  

The only attachments that I can attach are photos.  This is not an acceptable way to share a document that needs to be signed.  

Did you read though that link Emiel gave? if you scroll down, it talks about clicking the "attestation". If you do that, you will still be able to email guests a form to sign. 

I always need to send my guests a map. I just ask them for their regular email address ad no guest has ever balked at giving it to me.

@Mike2218

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

If all else fails, have all guests sign such a personal liability disclaimer upon arrival and I 'sell' it by making light of the need for it. I am assuming that is what it really is.

I could only imagine what some HOAs have for such a disclaimer, written by some stiff uptight lawyer who has the smoothness of a porcupine.