Business Slowing, or Picking up?

Answered!

Business Slowing, or Picking up?

How are things going with the Airbnb Community in North Austin? We have been hosting for over a couple years now but have never interacted with this area of the Airbnb platform.

1 Best Answer
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Terry-and-Jody0  Welcome to our Community! Thanks for joining us, and I hope you'll enjoy engaging in many conversations with other hosts 😊

I'm tagging a few hosts from Austin here to see if they would like to share their opinions with you. @Brad31 @Jeff-And-Lisa2 @Richard2851 @Pauline728 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Terry-and-Jody0  Welcome to our Community! Thanks for joining us, and I hope you'll enjoy engaging in many conversations with other hosts 😊

I'm tagging a few hosts from Austin here to see if they would like to share their opinions with you. @Brad31 @Jeff-And-Lisa2 @Richard2851 @Pauline728 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hello, Paula. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Brad31
Level 2
Austin, TX

I'm in East Austin, so I can't answer specifically about North Austin. Every host I know near us with a back house has seen business plummet since around May. I've never seen a drop like this in our ~4 years of hosting. Pairing that with insulting, bureaupathological Airbnb customer service regarding a reimbursement request after a guest occupied another guest's unit, we're taking our back house off and renting it long-term for a while. I presume we'll be back though.