Card being charged for a reservation I didn't book.

Answered!
Aamir3
Level 2
Germany

Card being charged for a reservation I didn't book.

Hi,

Today I was checking my credit card statement and saw that my card has been recently charged for a AirBnB trip I didn't book. I could not find a helpline number or email to write to AirBnB support directly.

Can somebody please direct my query to AirBnB Support to look at and contact me immediately? Following are the transaction details, I could see a booking id there to start the investigation.

Amount -1.437,12 EUR
Posting text 
AIRBNB * [Personal information hidden]

Many thanks,
Aamir
1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Aamir3,

Sorry to hear that that happened to you.

You should change the login password on your Airbnb account, contact the bank that issued your card and contact Airbnb customer service.

You can contact Airbnb customer service by phone, Twitter or Facebook as described here https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us#/

and here Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide

Hope it all works out OK for you.

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

81 Replies 81

I am wondering how long it took for these things to be resolved. 

me too. just happened to me yesterday.

i don't even have an account with Airbnb and got a charge!!

I guess i do now!

Alys6
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

I had three payments taken from my card in April - my credit card company has said they have had a quite few in the last month.  I have had a response from airbnb and have been told they have sorted it but would like to know how it happened....

Hi Alys,

AirBnb won't explain you anything or give details on why this keeps on happening without a fix ! You have to send a legal notice to them if you are expecting any answers or damage payback from Airbnb.

Best Regards,

Aamir

Marianne381
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

This has just happened to me too. Besides cancelling my card and reporting the two fraudulent transactions to my bank - please could you recommend the steps to follow with AirBNB

Grant118
Level 1
South Africa

Hi same thing happened to me today R4398 in total any help with this? 

Tanya306
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

i also got charged 3 times!!

Diego40
Level 1
Mexico City, Mexico

Hi, I had the same issue, but Airbnb support keeps saying it could be a friend or family.  But I am absolutely sure no one in my family or friends used my credit card for such a big amount.  Should I file in a legal complain? It is not a small amount and they just finalized the conversation saying: we have reasons to believe that it was a part of your family or friends....

Did you resolve this? Just happened to me, with them saying the same thing

I have had the same issue. AirBnb are being slow to attempt any action on my behalf, withholding details of the booking and keep telling me it could be a family member.

Would they tell you details of your "booking"? 

They will not share the details with me either. Requiring a subpoena. I'm checking with my bank to see if that's part of their process, because idk how to get one myself! Did you get it resolved?

I just noticed a charge from Airbnb on my next statement.  Had I not looked through in advance I would not have known until the actual statement is posted. What's strange is it's charged in TBH currency. I live in the Philippines... so how is that even possible.. Yes I booked through airbnb in Thailand but that was last year 2018.. but that didn't even cost nearly a fraction of what I just got charged recently!!! I don't see any bookings under my own account nor have received any notifications from bank about this too. And hell have I got any plans travelling to Thailand at all.. at least for the time being.

Eliel10
Level 2
Roanoke, VA

@Aamir3 

This just happened to me. What type of legal notice do you recommend sending?