Changing custom prices for specific periods

Yean-Wan0
Level 1
Aberdeen, United Kingdom

Changing custom prices for specific periods

Hi,

can some one advise how i can lower prices for a very limited period eg for gaps in the next 2 -3  weeks, without it affecting gaps over the next 6 - 12 months, conversely there are periods when specific events are on that i want to raise prices for.

I am already using smart pricing. I am concerned that any changes will cascade forwards hence the question. I would like to target specific periods in 6 months time for example for a 2 - 3 week period next September 25.

Thanks

Yean

10 Replies 10
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Yean-Wan0 

On the website version, go to menu, account, professional hosting tools.

You can turn on professional tools and create rule sets for specific dates.

Yean-Wan0
Level 1
Aberdeen, United Kingdom

Hi Thanks - have turned on proff tools and trying, thanks

Oksana127
Level 3
Riga, Latvia

To adjust your prices for specific periods without affecting other dates, there are a few strategies you can use:

1. Custom Price Settings for Specific Dates: Airbnb allows you to manually set custom prices for specific dates or date ranges. You can do this by selecting the dates in the calendar and entering a custom price for those days. This way, you can lower the prices for gaps in the next 2-3 weeks without it affecting long-term pricing.

2. Smart Pricing + Custom Adjustments: Since you’re already using Smart Pricing, you can keep it enabled but override it with manual pricing for specific events or gaps. Airbnb won't override your manual adjustments, so the custom prices you set will apply only to the selected dates, while Smart Pricing continues to work for other periods.

3. Use Price Rules for Special Events: If you know there will be high-demand periods (like events or festivals), you can also set price rules for those specific dates. For example, you could increase the minimum price for those dates well in advance.

4. Avoid Bulk Changes: Be careful not to apply bulk price changes across many dates unless you want them to cascade across months. If you only want to adjust the price for a short period, stick to selecting the specific date range manually on the calendar.

To summarize, using a combination of Smart Pricing and manual adjustments for specific periods will help you target gaps and high-demand dates without affecting your broader pricing strategy.

I hope this helps!

Yean-Wan0
Level 1
Aberdeen, United Kingdom

Great thanks will experiment with that. Thanks

Thanks.  Say Nov 24 to Jan 3 (40 nights) i have not changed the price per night but have given a weekly discount of 5% and monthly discount of 10%.  There is no change in the final pricing to the guest. The guest has just booked without payment and has requested for some disounts, to which i have given the above. How do I see the change in the pricing?

Shelley159
Top Contributor

@Amita0 

For the booking to be confirmed, the guest must have paid.

You can click on the booking and scroll down to the heading "Guest paid" to see the detailed calculation. It will show applicable discounts as separate line items.

No the guest has not paid. He has just booked the days in Novemer and Dec. So you mean that only after the guest pays the discounted amount will reflect on the final amount that he has to be paid. Is that right?

Shelley159
Top Contributor

@Amita0 

Sorry I hope someone else can help.

I understand that you entered weekly and monthly discounts in your pricing and that you want to see how those discounts are applied to this guest.

But I'm unsure how there is a booking on your calendar without payment. I think I am misunderstanding what you mean.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Yean-Wan0,  I just wanted to check in and see how everything is going.

Have you had a chance to try any of the suggestions shared by our experienced hosts? Did they work for you?

Please keep us posted!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Yean-Wan0
Level 1
Aberdeen, United Kingdom

Yes thanks am tryinmg some of the things. thanks