Discount applied to a booking that was not set up by me

Stacy68
Level 1
Kingston, Jamaica

Discount applied to a booking that was not set up by me

Approximately a week ago, I received a booking for a two-week stay at my property. Two days after the booking was confirmed, I noticed a discrepancy in the expected payout. Upon further investigation, I discovered that a 20% fee was applied to the booking, even though my listing does not have this set up. To provide context, my listing already includes a 10% weekly discount for one week in August, as well as a there is a standard 10% monthly discount.

I  contacted Airbnb support to address this matter, but unfortunately, the resolution process has been quite frustrating. Initially, I was informed that I have a standard ongoing 10% weekly discount was already in place, which I can confirm is not accurate.  They however, could not tell me how the additional 10% was added to the booking.   

It has now been seven days, and I've spoken to four different representatives, yet the issue remains unresolved.  The last rep told me that since the booking was confirmed there is nothing they can do yet they have still not told me how they arrived at the 20% discount.

Can anyone tell me how to reach out to the corporate office or  contact number for a team that handles these matters?

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Stacy68 It sounds like this is the Airbnb service fee which is 15% plus tax if you are on simplified pricing.

Hi @Stacy68 

Can you provide a screen shot of the actual reservation details including Guest and Host Payout? That might help us understand better what the issue is?

Anthony2062
Level 2
Buena Park, CA

Hey Stacy,

When you’re reviewing the payout out does it show 2 separate discounts?

I think it may be your 10% weekly discount and the guest may have selected the non-refundable 10% discount option if you have it enabled.

Hope that helps or that you get clarity from the support team…. They have been an absolute nightmare to deal with lately and less than helpful in my experience. At times, I think their goal is to frustrate you enough to give up…