Discounts

Sonya128
Level 2
Merrimac, Australia

Discounts

I want to give a free weekend to a friend in our Airbnb- Can I give my friend a code for 100% off and they book whenever they want for the weekend? How do I go about doing this? Any help greatly appreciated x

20 Replies 20
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Salut @Sonya128 ,

-In my case, I’ll offer full refund  after booking as complementary accommodation and I’ll pay for the Airbnb services and tax fee

that is no “free code” can be offer from host to anyone   

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why would you do that @Dale711 ? 

Hosts would normally only do that to build up ‘friendly’ reviews or hide negative ones 😁😢

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Who could you be thinking of @Helen3 ? 😁😉🤣

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Sonya128  why involve Airbnb in this arrangement? I would just block the dates your friend will use.

@Dale711 why on earth would you pay Airbnb for your friend to stay for free in your place?

We were hoping to give our sons teacher a voucher/code so he could book a time that suit him and his family and didn't feel like he had to involve us in the booking. We don't know him outside of school. 

@Lisa723 Because Dale wants the good reviews from his other hosting buddy, Quentin, and vice versa.

The reason is pretty clear when you look at the reviews that came from people other than each other...

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Sonya128 

Is this a cunning plan to chalk up a fabricated review?  Otherwise what on earth does airbnb have to do with an agreement between friends.

Beware, that goes against the terms of service.

Thank you for everyones help.

I am not trying to get a fabricated review...

My son asked me if we could give his teacher a weekend in our airbnb as a end of school year/Christmas gift and l said we could.  I suppose l was using the term 'friend' quite loosely - he is our sons teacher and he is friendly - we don't really. know him outside of school. We were hoping to give him a voucher/code so he could book a time that suit him and his family and didn't feel like he had to involve us in the booking.

I wasn't aware that this was breaking the rules, but l think l will have to get him to contact when he wants to book and l will block out that date as the one person suggested. 

@Sonya128 I would have your son handmake a voucher for "Good for 2 free nights in my family's Airbnb"

You could write something like "E-mail XX to redeem with prefered dates." It is pretty informal and the teacher may not take you up on it but it's the thought that counts, right?

Thank you for the suggestion x

@Sonya128 Just to clarify, it’s not breaking the rules to allow someone to stay off-platform. It would be breaking the rules to offer a free or reduced stay on-platform in exchange for a favorable review, or to use the platform to solicit or accommodate an off-platform stay.

Thank you for your reply  Lisa,

I think l may just give the teacher a box of chocolates - I think it will be easier .

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Salut @Helen3 @Lisa723 @Sonya128,

We did in March during the first lockdown.

After the guest makes the booking, he told us he volunteer as a junior doctor in the hospital at my neighbour. We refunded him the full payment and invited him to stay in our little studio in the next block to express our support to front line hospitality workers.

Recently, as during these guest stay in our dormitory room, we noticed him is a pastor.

Besides a "Thank you" note to him, we also refund the full payment and

it was our great pleasure to have him to stay with us.

We just make sure we do care for them ❤️