Do you respond to guest reviews? If not, you may want to start.

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Do you respond to guest reviews? If not, you may want to start.

Hey fellow Airbnb hosts!

Do you respond to some or all guest reviews? Do you tend to respond more to negative reviews, or do you like to show appreciation to positive reviews too?   Believe it or not, responding to reviews can help your listing placement in the search results.

I have started once again to respond to all reviews since the algorithm now looks at your listing description, amenities, and reviews, including responses to reviews. I will often mention items that the guest wrote about BUT I will also include items that were not mentioned. Below is an example of a review and a response.

The-Anatomy-of-Reviews-for-Hosts-Google-Slides.png

As you can see, I mention things that the guest wrote about (relaxing, comfortable beds, backyard and the tub) but I also expand by mentioning the "large peaceful & private backyard" and the "Japanese soaker" tub.  I also mention items that the guest did not write about including the "fire pit" and "air conditioning" which are desirable amenities.   Responding to reviews can help the algorithm pick up keywords and hopefully boost your listing in the search results.

Share your thoughts below! 

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Experienced Co-Host

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Dave-and-Deb0 Do you have any proof that responding to reviews helps in search placement. I suspect not.......

Exactly the reason why I rarely post on here any longer @Mike-And-Jane0.

If I did not know it to be true, I would not be posting it.

All the best! 

David

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Dave-and-Deb0 so can I ask where you got this nugget of information? Do you know the other factors that determine where listings appear in the search engine?

There are many factors but the three most heavily weighted factors are photo quality, listing price and listing details including as I said in my post, reviews and responses to reviews. 

David

David