Duplicate accounts/entities - super confused

Nathan92
Level 2
Estes Park, CO

Duplicate accounts/entities - super confused

I have my personal AirBnB account with 6 listings on it. I have started a property management company and my company will be managing a new multiplex I close on in a few days. I don't want to get a flag or ban by opening a new/duplicated account, but like I said, my management company will be taking on the multiplex. I am the owner of the new company, so I have no idea how to open that company account and get it verified since they want to verify a government ID to open an account. The other people within the management company also have personal AirBnB accounts so I can't ask them either. What to do? 

4 Replies 4
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

I've read that before. What happens is before you can convert an account to a business account, you first need to create an AirBnB account and verify it using a government ID. So I'm unclear how to verify it if I've already got an account that's been verified with that same ID.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What did Airbnb say? @Nathan92 

They are probably best placed to advise if info is not on their Airbnb Help website 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Nathan92 

IMO you just can create a second account and convert it to business account. After all you are the owner and have your ID verfied. No idea how works in US, but i also had to be verified by Airbnb for the business part (provide registration Chamber of Commerce) and provide the  VAT number. PLease note company details wil also be placed on your listings.