Guest left a retaliatory 1-star review

Answered!
Susan127
Level 2
Houston, TX

Guest left a retaliatory 1-star review

Have you ever had to deal with a 1-star retaliatory guest review? Im dealing with that now with a guest and airbnb is pending removal of my listing. I had submitted an appeal. Trying hard to escalate this to support. Have you navigated this situation before successfully?

1 Best Answer

@Susan127 yes, normally, if you submitted an appeal to Airbnb for your listing's pending removal, they will contact you again and ask for documentation. It can be documentation or proof that you have addressed whatever feedback your guest had on their review or a proof that it isn't true as long as it supports your appeal. Gathering and presenting this documentation clearly and concisely can strengthen your appeal and help Airbnb support understand the full context of the situation, increasing the chances of a favorable resolution. Hope this helps! 

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Susan127 

Depends if really retaliatory or just unhappy that you have rules  I had a guest leave a 2 which is on  my  dashboard Airbnb saying I have an issue.  I  don't but the guest  did have to wait two minutes for me to unlock the door so not a lie  but unhappy.

I had another unhappy guest that he had to pay for his dog peeing on my  central  air.  He did lie  and I had the documentation from Airbnb that I  didn't kick  him out.  Took a few  days but Airbnb   did remove that one.

@Susan127 yes, normally, if you submitted an appeal to Airbnb for your listing's pending removal, they will contact you again and ask for documentation. It can be documentation or proof that you have addressed whatever feedback your guest had on their review or a proof that it isn't true as long as it supports your appeal. Gathering and presenting this documentation clearly and concisely can strengthen your appeal and help Airbnb support understand the full context of the situation, increasing the chances of a favorable resolution. Hope this helps!