Hello Ontario STR Hosts April 3, 2021 Ontario is going into a COVID-19 LOCKDOWN for 30 days

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

Hello Ontario STR Hosts April 3, 2021 Ontario is going into a COVID-19 LOCKDOWN for 30 days

Hello Ontario STR Hosts

@Lawrene0, @Alexandra316

Once again, 😷 , as of tomorrow April 3, 2021 Ontario Canda is going into a COVID-19 Lockdown for 30 days for short term rentals.

To see the rules go to todocanada website.

20 Replies 20
Sam4274
Level 2
Commanda, Canada

This may be a silly question but I am confused as to some of the posts I have seen, as there is an extention to the lockdown in Ontario... are we allowed to rent after May 6th or not until after May 20th? Everything I have read says we can only provide housing to ppl in need... could someone please help clarify this? Thank you

M199
Level 10

@Sam4274 

Welcome!

All STR's in Ontario are closed by law until May 20th (at least).  Rentals are only allowed for emergency housing or longterm stays.  Cottages and Cabins, ergo vacation rentals, are banned until May 20th at least.

Thank you so much! I appreciate the quick response. I thought that was the case, there just is so much information out there I thought maybe I was misunderstanding the two different orders in place right now.

M199
Level 10

@Sam4274 

Not a silly question, knowledge is good!  Ask away, you'll learn more from the CC than you can imagine.

M199
Level 10

@Sam4274 

You are welcome!  Better we all work together because everyone will then succeed.😊

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@M199 That's a lovely sentiment, it's great seeing new members being welcomed to the CC 😊

@Sam4274 Echoing @M199's words, you're definitely in the right place to ask questions! The Community is filled with knowledgeable hosts who are always happy to help. Hopefully we'll keep seeing you around 🙃