How do I delete the photo tour?

Jenny838
Level 6
Arizona, United States

How do I delete the photo tour?

I wanted to add a new picture to my listing and had to create a photo tour. It's horrid! Nothing makes sense and everything is out of order. How do i go about deleting it? 

35 Replies 35
Elsie122
Level 1
Malaysia

Photo Tour is probably the worst thing ABNB has done ever.

The owner knows best what to showcase first. Its not as if most owners have 100s of properties. 

Anyway I really need to get out of this Photo tour as my bookings have dropped. 

ABNB is really doing itself a disservice. I am actually thinking of moving to other platforms. 

ABNB -- please I am a super host but need to get out of this Photo tour. 

Ordel24
Level 2
Concord, TN

To reverse this, simply go to one of the created rooms with the least amount of pictures and empty out all of the pictures into the "Additional pictures section (store them in additional pictures or wherever else you would like them) so that one of the categories/rooms is empty.  You can only have a photo tour if ALL of the categories/rooms have pictures in them.  Leave one EMPTY and it will revert to the original wonderful format!  

HelloVacay0
Level 1
Costa Mesa, CA

When I did the video tour, now all my pictures appear blurry. So sad 😞 Please remove this feature.

Laura7518
Level 1
Stonington, CT

THERE IS A WAY TO DO IT!!! U go into your listing, then listing editor

then UR SPACE

go into the photos.. then just move them all into one room.. I have a boat and I moved everything into the BEDROOM.. the others go away. 

YAAAY. airbnb told me u can't get rid of it.. then I figured it out with her on the phone. I said u have to stop saying , No we can't do it.. tell them to move everything in one room.. 

ur life will be better.. and people won't be ticked off. :)) 

Kathleane0
Level 2
Santa Ana, CA

I followed the instructions here (thank you so much) to delete the photo tour, keeping the bedroom as a room. Here's what happened :

my cover photo still doesn't show, it's still just a random photo from additional photos

my listing shows that there are no bathrooms

So I added 2 rooms to the photo tour - a full bathroom and a half bathroom and now my listing shows that I'm offering a dedicated bathroom, but both bathrooms are shared. Does anyone have ideas how to get my listing to show that the bathrooms are shared?

Hello @Kathleane0 

There seems to be a bug as there should be a Privacy Info showing up when we click on bathroom and it's no longer there.  I checked on my own listing and it appears for the lounge; bedrooms etc but NOT for the bathroom!!

You'll need to contact CS by phone or chat to tell them of the bug.  Here is an Airbnb link on the subject that you can quote to the CS as proof of what you're saying:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/3424

I noticed that in the Where you'll sleep section that the algorithm has picked a photo from your bedroom Tour but it's not showing the bed at all but a picture of a dresser.   If you want to change this you can try one of two things:

1) Go to the photo tour and select bedroom.  

==>Choose the photo of the dresser  in the where you'll sleep section and move it to additional photos.  Go back to view your listing as a guest using the preview button under your host profil to see which photo is now showing up.  Fingers crossed it's the bed or else it will be the picture of the hangers.  Repeat procedure if it's the hanger picture.  

==>If it's the correct picture of the bed, then go back into Additional photos and choose to move the pictures back into the bedroom. Check results

==>If that doesn't do the trick then delete the picture of the dresser and then the algorithm will hopefully select the picture of the lovely bed and then upload the picture of the dresser again.

You are offering a room rather than an entire place and although the cover photo of your listing is the bed when I go onto your listing, many hosts offering rooms have found that when they make a search on Airbnb, there is a different photo being thrown up.  Is this the case for you?  

If so, then the procedure to have the cover photo YOU want is the same procedure as the one I suggest for changing the photo of the where you'll sleep section.

Let us know how you get on!

Joëlle