How do I find someone to manage my listing?

Sara98
Level 2
Seattle, WA

How do I find someone to manage my listing?

Alright, I live in the state of Washington and am looking to buy a small cabin in the mountains 3 hours from where I live. I was thinking of using Airbnb to rent it out to help pay for the small loan I'm taking to buy it.

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but there are myriads to dig through and the Airbnb rules and platform always seem to change, so......how do I manage my property on Airbnb when I live 3 hours away, and can't always get there? I've heard of co-hosts and primary hosts, but I don't have any friends or family even living in the same state as me. And what do I do if this cabin is in a very rural, rustic area with the closest town 25 minutes away?

Anyone experience something similar? What did you do? Are there any property management companies who can handle cleaning/check-in, etc for me?

4 Replies 4
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Sara98 I live 9 hours from my properties in Maine, and I don't use a co-host.  You need a team there, where the cabin is.  A caretaker and a cleaning person, at the very least.  They in turn should have a list of all your service people.  Once you get the cabin set up and hire your peeps, you can run it very easily from three hours away, with occasional visits.  My cleaner and caretaker are a couple who live 2 miles from the property.  I keep them up to date with the calendar of arriving guests as well as all the stuff that needs to be done - this week alone we had the exterminators in, the plumber in to open the unwinterized cabin, and the rugs that had been sent out for cleaning returned.  If you want to talk more, send me a message any time.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Sara98 @Ann72 We have a similar situation (on the Olympic Peninsula, hi!) and I wouldn't try it without our local co-host, although maybe "caretaker" and "co-host" are pretty similar jobs. I manage most of the on-line stuff, though she has complete access to calendars, etc.;  and she manages the cleaners and can be on site in minutes for any guest emergency. She also keeps a close eye on the condition of the property and lets me know right away about anything that needs attention. And she knows everyone in the small community, which is very helpful when you need help fast. You can probably find a property management company, e.g. Vacasa, but I'd go with a local person every time. If you don't know anyone in the area, one way to start could be to contact the owners/managers of other rentals there and ask for recommendations.

Cohost1
Level 3
Littleton, CO

Hey Sara,

Would love the opportunity to partner with you on this. Check out our services at Cohost.com/Seattle or give me a ring at 314.681.3391. We have several success managers that we could put you in touch with depending on your location. We strongly believe that you need to have a person that can respond quickly in the area.

Trey
Cohost.com
Director of Real Estate & Development
Realtor ® / Broker Associate
Amara12
Level 2
Boston, MA

@Sara98 

My name is Amara and my Partner, Alfonso, and I clean and manage AirBnbs in the DC Metro area. We know the ins and outs of AirBnb, what guests are expecting, and how to exceed those expectations through deeply clean spaces, proper staging and thoughtful touches. We are fairly priced and help strategize to maximize your bookings.

I'd love to have a quick call with you to learn more about your AirBnb and needs. Might you have some time in the next few days?

Looking forward, 
Amara Donovan Co-Founder