I've been running an Airbnb for 3 months, but there's been no profit. What should I do??

Joy1467
Level 1
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I've been running an Airbnb for 3 months, but there's been no profit. What should I do??

Hello, I started my Airbnb business in Ho Chi Minh City, and it's been running for three months. The occupancy rate is close to 90%, and I've achieved Superhost status. However, I haven't made any profit at the price point I desired. I'm wondering if I should continue with the Airbnb business. They say November to April is the travel season in Ho Chi Minh City, but honestly, I'm not sure as there haven't been many bookings. I haven't recouped my initial investment costs, and it's been quite challenging

I'm experiencing a monthly deficit of about -$300. I think I may have misjudged the location. My initial plan was continuous expansion, but at this rate, I'm heading towards bankruptcy I am curious about the opinions of other hosts

thank you

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

When you set up your STR business and your profit and loss budget what did you estimate your break even point to be . I would be worried if I had 90% booking rate and still wasn't turning a profit @Joy1467 

Joy1467
Level 1
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

@Helen3  I thought I could sell this house for 100 usd, but now it sells for 60-70. Considering the surroundings, I think it's because the furniture and interior of my house are not good, but I don't know if I should invest more money to increase the valu

I think the fact that I didn't look into Ho Chi Minh's market prices well also had an impact. The monthly rent is too expensive I have to sell 20 days a month to pay the rent, which gives me a headache I was confident in the Airbnb business, but I think I positioned the market wrong. I'm thinking about moving to another country.