Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Invoices vs Credit notes

Invoices vs Credit notes

Hey,

when I export the monthly invoices from the reservations overview page (https://www.airbnb.be/hosting/reservations/completed) I get a PDF with all bookings, their number and the service fee. This is ideal to hand over to my accountant. 

However, when a reservation is cancelled, let's say due to corona, the service fee should be deducted. On the monthly invoice instead of having one line of the service fee with a positive number, and another with a negative number I looks like AirBnB charges twice the service fee.

Here's a screenshot:

Notice that the last 2 lines here

Erik1315_0-1601532124499.png

greetings

Erik

5 Replies 5
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Erik1315 and welcome to ABB CC from across the miles in Auckland New Zealand from a fellow Host.

Perhaps @Fred13 and others who are part of The Sherlock Club aka CC can help solve your issue @Erik1315 

@Inna22 @Alexandra316 @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 @Ann72 

@Dale711 @Huma0 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Helen427 

To be honest, I don't bother with the Airbnb website when it comes to accounting. I just give my accountant my bank statements so he can see exactly what I received after paying service fees. As I host long-term guests, it's not that many transactions to deal with.

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

I have never used this format. When I had the massive amount of Covid cancellations, I opened a ticket and about a week later someone really knowledgeable called me back and walked me through them

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Erik1315 @Inna22  I don't even get the same export options as you do.  I can filter by date, and then I can choose to export that month's data as a .csv file.  When I do that I only get the total amount of the reservation, no breakdowns at all.  

When I go to Earnings->Transaction History and choose a month, I also get the option to download a .csv file.  This time I get the breakdowns - except in the case of cancellations.  For those I only see a negative total number.

I don't see any place where I can get a pdf of a month's transactions showing breakdowns!  I enter every reservation into QuickBooks with all the breakdowns because of this limitation.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

IF for tax purposes isn't Earnings > Paid Transaction more relevant than  'Bookings' that are really 'Unearned Receivables' and subject to a myriad of future exceptions, such as fees, refunds, cancellations, etc? Besides, at the end of the year the 1099 from Airbnb isn't based on only 'Paid Transactions'?