Is AirCover a SCAM?!!

Pamela1301
Level 2
Annapolis, MD

Is AirCover a SCAM?!!

Do you know how to collect on a claim when I have to do a repair and excessive clean myself? The guest damaged my dresser and I am buying the parts and items needed for the repair. The place was also left filthy. The guest failed to pay when I submitted the request to them.

AirCover has been a joke. I have responded with questions about this, with pictures of the damage, links to comparable dressers from antique dealers to show the value. I listed what items I had to do in the excessive clean, from shampooing my carpet when the chemical that ruined the dresser spilled on to the carpet around it. To washing and rewashing duvets to get stains out. They also smoked marijuana in my house. They left the outdoor hose running on full blast until my property manager noticed it a good 12 hours after they vacated. I have asked how to address these issues. Nothing, except that Precious, from claims, responds with a countdown

**[Content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines- Please note that it is not allowed to share Airbnb investigation and private conversations]

2 Replies 2
Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

Frustrating. I have not tried an air cover claim yet. I do know in the past Airbnb did not cover antiques and excessive cleaning has always been chalked up as “the cost of doing business”. Good luck 

Heather289
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

You can try to get the guests to pay, but I appreciate they might not be inclined to do so. 

To be honest, none of the damage sounds a disaster - making a repair to a dresser, shampooing carpet and washing duvets - it's not the end of the world.

I think you have to relax and just understand that running an Airbnb business will involve having to make repairs throughout the year, and the cost of doing so is miniscule compared to the overall income you will make. 

Guests break things, that's the way it is.   Properties need maintenance, repainting, repairs and deep cleaning.  It's part of the work we do to earn the money we earn.