Is anyone else frustrated with how AirBnB's algorithm's work?

Joan3539
Level 2
Southbury, CT

Is anyone else frustrated with how AirBnB's algorithm's work?

I am so frustrated with AirBnB's algorithm's and how they work.  You cannot look up our listing by its name, or our name or any other name.  It is only searchable with Tent in Southbury.  That is useless.  This is such an easy fix for them and they refuse to fix it so that not only are we getting more guests, but they would make more money.

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can definitely search by location and all available properties in that location will come up @Joan3539  guests searching won't be likely to know the name of your property or your name.

Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

I found it under 'off-the-grid'.

Zheng49_0-1723652311716.png

First page, first result. Granted, only 16 in this category. 

Not even the right photo.  I updated our photos but looks like they are not taking.

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Joan3539 

New guests find your listing by typing the location and - if the nights they are searching for are available on your calendar - your listing shows in the results. If you would like to see your own listing as a guest, you can click the listing tab and click "view".

But I think perhaps you mean that you would like people who already know about your place, to specifically find it on Airbnb? Go to the listing tab and scroll all the way down - there is a custom link that you can send to friends.