Licensing requirement in Brampton, Ontario Canada

Answered!
Deep268
Level 2
Brampton, Canada

Licensing requirement in Brampton, Ontario Canada

Hi,

I list my home on Airbnb on 1-2 times  a year only .

Do I need to get licensing from the city? How does that work? Will I be approached by Airbnb if  I require to provide licensing for short term rental?

I would like some guidance from other hosts ..Thanks 

1 Best Answer

@Deep268 

Online is good start with the information search. In my area a permit is required for any time  at all on STR. Public safety is a definite concern, fire safety, parking, impacts on neighborhood, noise restrictions - signing off on all the contents of the particular local ordinances. If you want to know the answer for sure, a phone call or a visit to the department would be necessary. This is a business, and even the occasional pop-ups here require permits and the necessary preambles. 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Kitty-and-Creek0
Top Contributor
Willits, CA

@Deep268 

Good questions - the accurate answer is likely best learned from your local government - planning and zoning office.  It is likely that they operate similarly to ours, in that they are in charge of regulations, licenses, taxation, etc. 

Thanks for quick response @Kitty-and-Creek0 .

I checked online and noted in peel region they have requirement for short term licensing, but I m not sure if it will apply to everyone such as for someone doing short term rent 1-2 times a year only. 

@Deep268 

Online is good start with the information search. In my area a permit is required for any time  at all on STR. Public safety is a definite concern, fire safety, parking, impacts on neighborhood, noise restrictions - signing off on all the contents of the particular local ordinances. If you want to know the answer for sure, a phone call or a visit to the department would be necessary. This is a business, and even the occasional pop-ups here require permits and the necessary preambles. 

I contacted local government and they confirmed  requirement of STR for peel region if listing is for short term;  I.e. less than 30 days