Listing in Los Angeles county license needed ?

Javer2
Level 2
Santa Clarita, CA

Listing in Los Angeles county license needed ?

Hello everyone first post here. I wanted to get some information on listing in Los Angeles county because I noticed that depending on some parts of the city, I believe they’re requiring a license certificate number? If anybody has gone through the process, please give me an idea of how to go about it and what to expect because I’m getting questions on the subject and I also know somebody who wants to list but they are in an area where it’s asking for this requirement. I would also like to know what the process is? An approximate cost of the process? The approximate time it takes for this process? And is there a way around the process? For example, a bed-and-breakfast Thank you all in advance

4 Replies 4
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Javer2 ! There's an LA Host Club where it'll be much easier to get in touch with local Hosts. They might be able to advise you on this regulation and help you out. You can find the Host Clubs here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Local-Host-Clubs/ct-p/en_clubs

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Thank you for the reply I’ll check 

Prada3
Level 1
Stevenson Ranch, CA

Need to fight it. It is not yet an ordinance.

Samantha1238
Level 2
Topanga, CA

Hi Javer

On September 19th Unincorporated LA's Board of Supervisors was planning on adopting broad and severe restrictions on short term rentals.  We stopped them for now with our petition.  If you run an Airbnb-style rental in Unincorporated Los Angeles County now is your last chance to speak up!  

Check out this FAQ

to see how you will be specifically impacted and read our petition to see what you can do. 

And please sign and share!

Also please share with anyone you know who will be impacted by these restrictions!  If you have any questions don't hesitate to email or call me at ** .

Thank you!
Sam

**[Phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]