Local/ county / state compliances.

Erika1151
Level 1
Vero Beach, FL

Local/ county / state compliances.

I am in Vero Beach and am trying to comply with local rules for renting a space in my home. So far I had to get an "occupancy permit" and pay "local business tax. " Does anyone know if there are other hoops I need to jump through?

Thanks! erika

3 Replies 3
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi there @Erika1151

I'm hoping that @Nicholas439, who may not be in your area, but is also in Florida, might be able to point you in the right direction. 🤞

I've also found these articles that might help you: 
What hosting regulations apply to you?
State of Florida 

Let me know how you get on! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

We’ve gathered some general insights on Airbnb hosting regulations in Vero Beach, Florida, to give you a broad overview. It’s important to understand that specific details and compliance requirements can vary, including zoning laws, operational standards, financial obligations, and regulatory exemptions. These factors are essential for operating legally and successfully.

Additionally, for a quick overview, we’ve put together a summary on the state. You can check it out here for more insights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GArd4sj-NOQ.

This general guide should serve as a starting point. For the most current and detailed regulations, direct engagement with local authorities ** is recommended.

**[Advertising content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise on the Community Center. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Lodge102  this is a community for hosts and guests. It's against Airbnb community standards to try and use the community to promote businesses/commercial interests. This includes dropping third party links to your content.

If you want to market your services to hosts you see as your target audience - invest in a marketing plan.