Looking for all the help I can get!

Answered!
Mirlene2
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

Looking for all the help I can get!

I would appreciate some guidance on strategies to increase the number of bookings I receive on Airbnb and the other platforms. I own a cleaning company and property management and no clientele as of yet. Hoping to grow that as well. I was recently laid off from a big tech company and was hoping the AIRBNB and the other two businesses would be my bread and butter. Unfortunately, it is not. Any advice guidance is greatly appreciated!

1 Best Answer
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Mirlene2  Phoenix is one of the worst places (I think it is actually THE worst place) in the U.S. to open a short-term rental right now. It is highly oversaturated with short-term rentals, as everyone jumped in just like you did during the last couple of years. Too many rentals, not enough guests. It will be very difficult to make a living in this business right now in Phoenix. People couldn’t even fill their nights for the Super Bowl, which was startling.

Do a search for other properties like yours within a 5-mile radius or so. Take a look at the availability on a few of them. Are they in the same boat you are? If not, I’m wrong, which is actually a good thing, and the next thing to do is look closely at their photos and listing offerings and compare them to yours. You want to offer as good or better amenities and terms.

Another idea is to try to tailor your listing to some sort of theme, to make it unique enough to attract guests to your listing among the masses. Maybe some kind of retro 90’s theme, sports theme, desert theme…something to make guests think it would be fun to stay there. No longer can you just enable a listing and expect the guests to break down your door wanting to stay.

Another thing is to have professional photography done. Expert photographers will really know how to use lighting, props, furniture adjustments, etc. to present your property in the best possible light.

Also, change your title, for SEO purposes. Guests are not going to put “Chateau” or “Villa” in the browser search bar - they are going to look for “Historic Home close to xxxx”, or similar.

As far as your other businesses, my uninformed opinion is that your cleaning business holds the most promise. Good cleaners are very hard to find everywhere. Heaven knows there are enough short-term rentals in your area that probably need the help.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Mirlene2  Phoenix is one of the worst places (I think it is actually THE worst place) in the U.S. to open a short-term rental right now. It is highly oversaturated with short-term rentals, as everyone jumped in just like you did during the last couple of years. Too many rentals, not enough guests. It will be very difficult to make a living in this business right now in Phoenix. People couldn’t even fill their nights for the Super Bowl, which was startling.

Do a search for other properties like yours within a 5-mile radius or so. Take a look at the availability on a few of them. Are they in the same boat you are? If not, I’m wrong, which is actually a good thing, and the next thing to do is look closely at their photos and listing offerings and compare them to yours. You want to offer as good or better amenities and terms.

Another idea is to try to tailor your listing to some sort of theme, to make it unique enough to attract guests to your listing among the masses. Maybe some kind of retro 90’s theme, sports theme, desert theme…something to make guests think it would be fun to stay there. No longer can you just enable a listing and expect the guests to break down your door wanting to stay.

Another thing is to have professional photography done. Expert photographers will really know how to use lighting, props, furniture adjustments, etc. to present your property in the best possible light.

Also, change your title, for SEO purposes. Guests are not going to put “Chateau” or “Villa” in the browser search bar - they are going to look for “Historic Home close to xxxx”, or similar.

As far as your other businesses, my uninformed opinion is that your cleaning business holds the most promise. Good cleaners are very hard to find everywhere. Heaven knows there are enough short-term rentals in your area that probably need the help.

Agree

Because you're in AZ Would suggest you cohost with listing near by offering to clean for a commission  use these properties to build A reputation onlinr and prospect new clients daily. @Mirlene2 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Mirlene2 ,

Thank you for sharing your post on Community Center!

I can see that our members Pat and Ernestine have helped with some suggestions. 

Did you have a chance to look at them or needed further help?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines