Madera County Tiny House

David8568
Level 1
Carlsbad, CA

Madera County Tiny House

I'm searching for information regarding Madera County California and in articular Oakhurst CA regarding short term rental of Tiny Houses on wheels or an RV like an Airstream. Allowed in addition to the main home?

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I am afraid I don't understand what you are seeking so perhaps you can elaborate.  Are you seeking to stay in a tiny house on wheels as a guest or are you wondering if you are allowed to have a tiny house as an additional dwelling unit, ADU, on your property?  If you are guest, you can select the type of listing for your search parameter.  If you are a potential host, you can search the county or city website for allowable ADU.

Olga48
Level 2
Fair Oaks, CA

Living in or renting out Tiny houses or  RVs are only allowed on properties that are specifically zoned as RV parks. You cannot live or rent RV/tiny home on property that’s zoned  residential.  That’s what folks at Madera  county either community development or building department told me. 😞

Hi there - I have seen a few RVs on short term rentals in both Coarsegold and oakhurst on residential property. Would you probably say they are not legal rentals? I have an RV on land that I want to short term rent. County says they are considered recreational  not for living. I guess I will contact them for more clarity.