Mexico service animal or support animal

Kelli405
Level 2
Sacramento, CA

Mexico service animal or support animal

Hello I am a new host. I have on my listing no pets. I have a condo in Los Barriles, Mexico. I would like to have no dogs but I’ve had maybe 6 guests bookings so far. With those six bookings every one seems to have a service animal. What am I able to ask them? Can it be a support animal or just service animal? Can I say no to people with either one with out getting in trouble with Airbnb or Mexico laws? Can anyone help me I would greatly appreciate it. This is why I don’t want dogs. The condo is tiny with tile floors. Most of the dogs so far have left hair all in the shower,  all of the furniture, and also on the bedding and floors. I had to pay an extra hour for the cleaning every time. What can I do to collect for extra cleaning or can I? Thank you very much. I want to add I have pets and I don’t travel with them to the condo. I don’t bring my own dogs and they are shed free dogs. I want the condo to stay clean, no dog hair or smell. I love animals just not for temporary use in the small condo. Thanks for any help. Kelli 

1 Reply 1
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Kelli405 , Thanks for sharing your questions in the Community. I wanted to share these articles where you can find information about service animals, both Hosts and guests must comply with. I hope you find the below information useful and it helps you understand Airbnb's policies : 

👉 Accessibility Policy 

👉 Questions about Airbnb's Nondiscrimination Policy.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines