Missing Payouts, Has this happened to anybody else?

Susan723
Level 4
Cocoa, FL

Missing Payouts, Has this happened to anybody else?

Any other hosts experiencing missing payments from Airbnb? It first happened to me earlier this year. It was just one payment that time and only a few hundred dollars. After 3 days and receiving no notice of payout I called and spent hours on the email and phone with airbnb. They finally acknowledged their error and issued the payment. For my hours of trouble they sent me a coffee mug. This time the missing payouts total nearly $2k. I have already spent much time trying to get it corrected. So far I am just getting the "we are checking into it" email message. The original rep I spoke with acknowledged to me that there was a mistake made. So now I just get to sit and wait for them to hopefully correct their error again. I wonder if I will get another coffee mug. Frankly I would rather just timely get my payouts and without having to waste hours of my time to get them. Anyway just wondering if this is happening to other hosts and also a heads up to other hosts to be sure to keep track of your payouts.

366 Replies 366
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Wendy404, are you still missing this payment? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Nicola3406
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

I am having the same issue.  My guests paid in December it's now March.  I have been told that the payout has been made but it is not showing in my account and the help centre are being very unhelpful.  

They cannot confirm the exact bank account it has been sent to (so I can't verify if there is an issue with the account details) and I can't see this online in my account, just the last 4 digits.  

I'm being told to update my payout details and then query it (which I had to do earlier this year and it took me 2 months to get the confirmation that they had used an old bank account and that the money was returned to Airbnb immediately) and now I'll be looking at months of waiting and going through the same process again.  

It's 7k and I need the funds and I am so frustrated that Airbnb are so unresponsive. 

Djurdica0
Level 1
Zadar, Croatia

Hello Susan,

The same thing just happened to me. There is over 2k eur payout totaly missing. I've sent mail to support team and am waiting for them to solve my problem. Hope for an quick answer and wouldn't mind the mug but now I'm very frustrated becouse it has never happend to me before. All payments till now were right on time.

Hmmm. I just checked my transcation history and all's been good so far, thankfully. Hope airbnb figures out what's going on in your situation, maybe there's some sort of glitch. 

Same story with me 

Hello Susan,

Did it get resolved?  I have the same issue - one missing payout and the Customer Service team have no visibility to the process other than to say it has been released.

Do I just wait for some one to contact me?

Were u able to resolve the issue? Its nearing 2 weeks. Called my bank no payments received whatsoever. 

asked airbnb for proof of payment but is seems so hard for them do so which makes it even fishier.

hope u can help as a fellow host. Thank you.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Susan723 @Djurdica0

Hi Girls, have you both checked your 'Transaction History' and established the status of these missing payments?

View your transaction history via this link.....

https://www.airbnb.ca/users/transaction_history

You can see immediately the account that a payment was released to...if indeed a payment was released! If it was not released to a wrong account the status of the payment will show as 'Pending' which means the payment is being held in trust for you until an acceptable Payout preference has been established.

I have never had a hosting payout delayed or 'misplaced'....every payout has arrived on time and for the correct amount.

If this is a situation where your account is being compromised, reset your password and your account details via either of these links......

https://www.airbnb.com/users/security 

https://www.airbnb.com/users/edit

I hope you can sort this out girls....hosting is hard enough as it is without loosing your payments!!

Cheers.....Rob

Hey Rob just wanted to let you know Airbnb has been hacked and starting July one the payments have been erased they don't show up as pending, future, or past. If you did not receive the customary email stating the funds have been transferred..... it'll be awhile to get your payment I'm out $3,000 for a 5-day booking and you will go rounds and rounds. Best thing to do is contact Michael Finney with 7 On Your Side he's a local San Francisco Bay Area News expose a team. (where Airbnb is headquarters are). I myself and south of San Francisco in San Jose

Hi Charles-and-Sue0

The same happened to me since April this year 2019. Nothing resolved yet even with too many phone calls and emails. no one is helping. hope I can reach the headquarter to understand what is going on. I am keeping documents of everything. Any suggestions or email and contacts of a person who is responsible to solve this issue. The ammount is almost 3k.

Hi.  Yes, this has happened to me.  I had two guests who checked in July 2nd.  It is now July 9th, and there has been no payout, and it also is not in my "upcoming payout" history.  They acknoweldged that there was some sort of but with the payout history and claimed my funds were released on the date the guests checked in, but it's been 5 business days.  Where the heck is my money?  These people paid for this reservation MONTHS ago.  Seriously, this is ridiculous.  Does anyone have a phone number (US) that I can reach them at?  I've been waiting for someone to come on "chat" for over 15minutes now.  I'm delisting today.

Hi Patricia , have the same problem exactly , 5k didn’t arrived . 

Did you get your missing payout? 

can you share some info 

Jawad10
Level 2
Ma'an Governorate, Jordan

Hi Roy88

The same happened to me since April this year 2019. Nothing resolved yet even with too many phone calls and emails. no one is helping. hope I can reach the headquarter to understand what is going on. I am keeping documents of everything. Any suggestions or email and contacts of a person who is responsible to solve this issue. The amount is almost 3k.

@Patricia1267 I know your post was from awhile back, but for future reference, if you Google "contact Airbnb support," it will bring you up to a link in which you should be make a call to them. They used to have really good support IMO, prior to this whole pandemic crisis. Now it's not so great, especially email support, which can now take weeks from which to get a reply. (Yes, we actually just went through this--almost a month to get a reply to our issue, which was also not resolved in the end.)

That being said, we haven't called them this year, and so we couldn't say for sure whether their phone support is lousy now or not. My guess is that if you do need to call them now, then you'll probably end up on hold for awhile. However, if you have payout problems again in the future, then it might be worth a try.

I havent received my payout in 2 bookings. It's upsetting