Missing Payouts, Has this happened to anybody else?

Susan723
Level 4
Cocoa, FL

Missing Payouts, Has this happened to anybody else?

Any other hosts experiencing missing payments from Airbnb? It first happened to me earlier this year. It was just one payment that time and only a few hundred dollars. After 3 days and receiving no notice of payout I called and spent hours on the email and phone with airbnb. They finally acknowledged their error and issued the payment. For my hours of trouble they sent me a coffee mug. This time the missing payouts total nearly $2k. I have already spent much time trying to get it corrected. So far I am just getting the "we are checking into it" email message. The original rep I spoke with acknowledged to me that there was a mistake made. So now I just get to sit and wait for them to hopefully correct their error again. I wonder if I will get another coffee mug. Frankly I would rather just timely get my payouts and without having to waste hours of my time to get them. Anyway just wondering if this is happening to other hosts and also a heads up to other hosts to be sure to keep track of your payouts.

366 Replies 366

Hello everyone I'm just giving an update but apparently there is no quick fix. Yes they admit there's a problem. But as long as this chat conversation continues to grow it will be heard. I live south of San Francisco about an hour away in San Jose and will be reporting it to the local news maybe something will get done then

Same issue with me. July 1 check-in.  The rep on the phone told me there was an issue with all payouts sent on July 2nd.  Mine still does not show up on my transaction list.

Thank you--that is good to know.  The person I chatted with on the phone indicated that my July 2nd payout went through, but then claimed that Fridays don't count as a business day?  In what planet is that true?  Mine does not show up either....

John1574
Level 10
Providence, RI

@Susan723  @Chris-And-Melinda0  @Jennifer1134  @Patty27  @Patricia1267

OMG!

This is an unbelievable thread. There but for the grace of  . . .

What a black eye for AirBnB.  Another thing to look out for.

We have to keep customer service issues alive.

I'll add this thread to my list and put it in the "Rate Customer Service"  thread.

Other links to forum CS issues.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/How-Do-You-Rate-AirBnB-for-Customer-Service/m-p/726754#M...

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-Updates/Airbnb-Answers-Easier-access-to-Customer-Service/...

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-Updates/Airbnb-Answers-Easier-access-to-Customer-Service/...

Thumbs up if you like a post.

The local news stations (KGO 7, KPIX 5, KNTV 2 all local SF bay area stations)  needed to hear from us !  

Joe434
Level 2
Houghton, MI

Airbnb start playing dead, they did not respone to my message for several days, my payout is over $1200. 

Mine is $3100 !  Whole house sleeps 10. Worried..... I have 3 more bookings thru july

Jennifer1134
Level 2
Southampton, NY

Just as an update, my ticket got upgraded to Urgent earlier today.  I got a customer service person who was very helpful and sent my ticket to the payouts department with an urgent flag.

About 30 minutes ago I got an email from Air BNB that my payout was pending and I should expect it credited on the 13th.

I checked my dashboard and all now seems in order.

I am hoping you all have happy outcomes as well.

OMG !  After exposing them to the local San Francisco Bay Area News I finally received the email confirmation and it was 7 days later I hate to think they are going to hold payouts for a week after your booking that's just greedy

Melanie189
Level 3
Knoxville, TN

Just got my email that payout has been made.  Woohoo! I hope you all get yours soon!

Denice0
Level 10
Placitas, NM

I just received the Airbnb message that they sent my missing (July 1 check-in) payout; the message is 7 days late!  I had checked the transaction history at noon today and there was still nothing under "completed or upcoming payouts"; then an hour later I was notified my $1000+ was sent and I should see the money 7/13/18.  The payout now appears as "processing" in the transaction history. 

Stay alert hosts and monitor your transaction history.  My review for customer support "communication" is 1 star, andAirbnb "following house rules" is 1 star.

Michele623
Level 2
Carmel, CA

I just got notice that my payout is pending also of course it would’ve been nice to of had an  explanation about what happened or maybe even some compensation but I am glad that they have worked it out 

Yes, I received email it’s pending. Will wait and see when it hits the bank. Praying for all!! We work hard for our payouts!! 

Patty

Joe434
Level 2
Houghton, MI

Problem solved!

Mine finally showed up today.  Never got the email, however.