Missing Payouts, Has this happened to anybody else?

Susan723
Level 4
Cocoa, FL

Missing Payouts, Has this happened to anybody else?

Any other hosts experiencing missing payments from Airbnb? It first happened to me earlier this year. It was just one payment that time and only a few hundred dollars. After 3 days and receiving no notice of payout I called and spent hours on the email and phone with airbnb. They finally acknowledged their error and issued the payment. For my hours of trouble they sent me a coffee mug. This time the missing payouts total nearly $2k. I have already spent much time trying to get it corrected. So far I am just getting the "we are checking into it" email message. The original rep I spoke with acknowledged to me that there was a mistake made. So now I just get to sit and wait for them to hopefully correct their error again. I wonder if I will get another coffee mug. Frankly I would rather just timely get my payouts and without having to waste hours of my time to get them. Anyway just wondering if this is happening to other hosts and also a heads up to other hosts to be sure to keep track of your payouts.

365 Replies 365
Kenji1
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Same here. 

my guest currently staying for 3months long.

so far i just got the 1st month payment and the 2nd was missing.

they said the payout was released but still getting nothing.

i dont think the CS is helpful anyway. seems they are just copy and paste their templete answers.

im asking my guest to cancel the booking now. and we will deal it without airbnb.

its unfair that airbnb charging the guest but not paying to us. ( host)

i guess i will stop hosting in airbnb. its not realiable.

checking on so many cases of missing payout out there isnt funny tho.

Kenji1
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Here is an latest update for my case.

Finally they've arrange another company to made the payout to my bank account.

I have sent few of the message to raised the flag and called to the CS directly.

Perhaps im the lucky one that could solve the problem which takes no longer than a week.

Jero1
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

I have too much problem with airbnb listing on payout section, After 9 months waiting for my payout from airbnb without release, 36 days ago one of the airbnb payout team member suggested me to set paypal account which I did not know what type of business paypal is, but after 36 days I could not withdraw my payout. So much debate with airbnb payout teams but no solution. The SO CALLED PAYPAL then refused my withdrawal many times. Then today on airbnb suggestion I called THE SO CALLED PAYPAL in Jakarta, they want me to remove my early bank account setting and set a new bank account, but I set NEW BANK ACCOUNT ABOUT TEN TIME on the wish of payout quicker to pay the hotel bills which has been delayed for many months, but they always denied my bank account setting, is this the reason you are not respecting the hotels business?

Hi there, I'm currently going through this ordeal now too. After I spotted an incorrect account number the funds still have not been returned to the trust - they have just disappeared. My bank has assured me that the account number doesn't exist as it was one number short so surely Airbnb would trace the funds. I have had to ask them on numerous occasions to trace the money, rather than helping me, I have to tell them to trace the funds. It's not a small amount either, we're talking in excess of $3K AUD. 

Did you receive your money eventually? How long did it take because this has taken over a month of going back and forth, speaking to Scott, Anna, Kai, Segolene, Peter, Paul, Luke, John, I'm at my wit's end?

Iwan9
Level 2
Cardiff, United Kingdom

In my case the guest paid airbnb the sum nearly in full but not the full amount. Im still waiting for airbnb to transfer it to me since the guest changed their payment details.

This guest visited over a month ago now.

Ive contacted airbnb now 3 or 4 times via web app email. Time for a call I think so more time wasted and so far no sign of a resolution.

Its AIRBNBs responsibility to secure the guests ID and payment details NOT the HOSTS.

Oliver222
Level 2
Flores, Guatemala

Airbnb payout system error: Now Airbnb wants me to wait possibly weeks for them to fix a glitch in their system that inhibits them to wire my money, owed for months of hosting. 5,255.53. I cannot pay utility and have incoming reservations in 2 days, I cannot host people without light!

They do refuse to answer about creating a transaction the following day just leave a host hanging. Its their system error but I have to pay for it!

This is unbelievable!

I would not for a moment believe it is a system glitch... I'll bet its deliberate in the hope hosts won't notice and Airbnb will profit. I have no trust in Airbnb. Considering removing my listing completely.

Kelly65
Level 6
Brisbane, Australia

Hasn't happened to me yet. I really dislike the platform. Booking.com is much better and I earn almost double the nightly rate and get 95% more bookings via Booking.com, plus manage my own payments (full payment up front at time of booking), unlike Airbnb, who pay a pittance and leave you waiting until day after check-in for payout. They also do NOTHING to assist when damage is caused by guests, which in my experience is more prevalent among the calibre of guest typically using Airbnb. Booking.com overall attracts better quality/lower risk guests, better nightly revenue and more bookings. My advice is to hosts, create your own website with direct online bookings and take the management of your own business into your own hands completely. I get 35% of bookings via my own website, all of course commission free!

Todd161
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

I am going through this right now.  I just caught two random reservations with no early payouts, not much, $700, but it is STILL $700.  I got the same thing you are going through, hours on the phone, two weeks time, "we are looking into it, there is a bug, etc."  They even said they sent me an email saying they deposited the early payouts, I said, "really, what's a good email, I'll send my bank statements."  They backed off that, so I'm merely now trying to get a full refund on my service fees of about $65 for my time.  I am on the brink of going to another STR website, this is a nightmare.  Send them back your coffee mug with some cat litter/rat poison 🙂

Diana309
Level 2
Hong Kong

I recently changed my bank account for receiving payout to one based in Thailand and have yet to receive 3 transactions that were labelled Paid Out by AirBnB. CS gave me 3 transaction codes by a company called Payoneer but no details about this financial institution. I was for an official remittance over a week ago. CS keeps coming back to me, quoting those 3 codes, which means nothing to anyone. The CS officer is very friendly guy but he had absolutely no idea what Payoneer is and can't tell me anything, other than he has his Subject Matter Expert investigating. A remittance advice is a simple official reference with details of who are the pay-out and receiving banks, and account numbes of the parties and amount of fund paid out and date.  It should not require an investigation to be lodged! Payoneer may not be a conventional bank but I'm sure as a financial inst they can still provide an official remittance reference right? Anyone experience a similar situation and/or anyone can advise regarding use of Payoneer. 

Most appreciated.

Di

I HAVE RECENTLY BEEN HAVING THIS ISSUE I DO GET THE PAYOUTS BUT THEY ARE SHORT FOR EXAMPLE FROM ONE OF MY  PAYOUTS WHIICH WAS $350 I RECIEVED $324 MISSING $26  AFTER CONTACTING AIRBNB IT WAS QUICKLY RESOLVED BUT AFTER THAT I HAD ANOTHER PAYOUT OF 129.98 I RECIEVED $104.16 MISSING 25.82 WHILE  THIS WAS BEING LOOKED INTO BY AIRBNB I GOT ANOTHER PAYOUT OF $149.38 BUT I RECIEVED 123.60 AGAIN MISSING 25.77 I PROVIDED ALL BANK STATEMENTS THAT WAS ASKED FOR RIGHT AWAY BUT GETTING THE RUN AROND THIS TIME BEING TRANSFERED FROM THIS DEPARTMENT TO THAT DEPARTMENT WITH NO SIGN OF ANY RESOLUTION WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP  OR ADVICE  THANKS IN ADVANCE 

Maite-and-Fernando0
Level 2
San Juan, Puerto Rico

I am now, for the second time, experiencing this situation of not receiving payment. I have called every single day, more than once, and every time is the same thing, they apologize, put me on hold to offer no solution at all. All I ask is to get paid. If we fail to do anything as hosts our overall rating gets destroyed. 

Airbnb offers no way to claim this in writing, or, I coud not find it. Calls are handled by kids that do not understand the depth of the issue. They only know to put you on hold and come back with a stupid excuse.

I received two emails with the following reasons to not attend the payout: 

"I just wanted to let you know that today happens to be my Friday, so I will be out of the office until Monday. I am still investigating the root cause of your delay payouts."

"At this time, your payouts are ready for release and it may be the weekend that is preventing you from receiving the money. I know you said you have been waiting since the 22nd but, with the holidays, it may have been delayed."

Totally unacceptable!! I am now on the phone wasting my night, on hold, to see if I find a solution. I believe all we have been through this should get together and make a case with Airbnb. It is totally Abusive and a clear signal to be very careful if we are to keep on working on this platform

John1574
Level 10
Providence, RI

@Maite-and-Fernando0

I've read a lot of these payout complaint problems on this form and they do not understand what the root cause of them is. 

I have never had an issue with payouts: they've always come very quickly and on time but I am still relatively new at this. 

My instinct tells me that some of it may be due to the way Hosts have their payments set up.

I have only useed PayPal and I have never had a problem.

I have used PayPal for many different things since it's inception, and I considered it an exceptional company in this day and age. Especially compared to the way some of the other companies we are familiar with do business.

Avoiding any contact with Airbnb customer service is one of my goals in running this business.

I try to make it very easy for guests to book and very easy for Airbnb to deal with their end of the business concerning payouts. 

According to this forum dealing with customer service is generally a nightmare.  To be avoided at all costs. 

Teratai-Homestay-Ong0
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, MY

i have been having payout problems from

airbnb since 29 dec 2018. i have message them and they 

say payout already done accordingly in their system.

and that is that. they ask me to 

call my banker. my banker say no payment received. so what is what.

anyoun can Help!

I am having the exactly same problem. No solution yet. Please keep me posted.