Multiple ADDRESSES one listing

Kaela42
Level 1
South Jordan, UT

Multiple ADDRESSES one listing

Hey hosts,

I've seen a lot of posts about having multiple listings for a single address (ie part of the home and the entire home). I'm not asking about that.

I'm curious if you could have two properties combined into a single listing, alongside the two individual listings. I own both sides of a twin home (think duplex but with separate parcels). Both sides are currently listed on airbnb, but it would be great to reach the really large group market. The way the homes are set up, it would be pretty easy to move between the units (although not quite as easy as if it was one really large house).

Would it cause any problems with Airbnb to have the two individual units listed, plus a third listing that essentially booked both sides? That way I could put the third listing up as 16+ guests, 8 bedrooms, 6 baths, etc and try to market to really large groups. I'm not sure if this would cause any red flags in airbnb's systems or if I would catch any grief for it.

I recognize the problem of syncing calendars and have a solution for that I believe.

Let me know what you think, thanks!

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kaela42  That seems quite reasonable and as far as I know, it doesn't violate any of Airbnb's policies. It's not any different from places that are listed that have a bunch of cabins or bungalows on a big piece of property that can be rented separately or all together. It might be a really good option for large family trips and such- I could see the ones with kids staying in one unit, and the ones who are childless and might feel disturbed by kids running around early in the morning, staying in the other, or the ones who go to bed early staying in one, while the night owls stay in the other.

@Kaela42  I don't see any reason that a single listing couldn't contain multiple buildings on the same property. In this case, the fact that the buildings happen to have separate postal addresses is just a technicality - the combined listing would just use one of the two addresses as the default. 

While I don't think the listing itself would trigger red flags in the system, you might find that Airbnb blocks certain guests from booking it. They've recently placed restrictions meant to target the "party house" issue, and some criteria (such as last-minute bookings or profiles registered in the near vicinity of your address) may still trigger those. It's not really a problem that you'd need to take any action on, and presumably for large group bookings you'll also have your own pre-booking vetting process.