My registration on New York City short term rental not working

JoAnn3
Level 2
New York, NY

My registration on New York City short term rental not working

I cannot rent my room for sort term rent even I registered on New York City website and received OSE number. When I typed in the OSE number OSE-STRAPP-xxxxxxx in airbnb 'Add your registration number' page, they did not take it. I already paid $149 for the registration and it's not refundable.

I contacted airbnb. They asked me to call New York City. I called 311, they cannot help me. I do not know how to do now.

28 Replies 28
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Either the registration number is incorrect or there is an issue with Aurbnb's back end preventing it from accepting  the number you'll have to try and work out which it is @JoAnn3 

if the city has confirmed with you the license number is correct then get back on the phone to Airbnb and insist they ask their technical team to look into it. 

congratulations on getting your license  by the way . 

This license does not work on my listing and no way to get the money back. Right now no any solutions.

Qian95
Level 1
New York, United States

@JoAnn3 It happened the same as me; I have been emailing the OSE office, but there is no response. Airbnb keeps saying the same thing. Please let me know if you find any solution. I am at a dead end now.

This is interesting to know that the same problem is happening in the UK like here in NYC. I have the same problem. It is like the US movie "Ground Hog's Day" where I relive the same phone call every day. Everyday someone calls, we go through the same questions. They say some one will get back to me and they tell me they are from the tech team and will fix it. Then they close the case. I am deducing that the list on the website is the one used from the government office. Airbnb and the government had to come to a final list of hosts. That list once provided for certification might be the one they can't access. It is really stupid that minor adjustments can't be corrected.

Hi JoAnn -

I would contact Airbnb, as they often help me resolve issues quickly. 

Best, 

John

Dani13045
Level 2
New York, NY

Hi JoAnn3. We registered a week ago and had the same problem.  I would like to know if you already got an answer.  I will appreciate your help. 

@Dani13045 Were you able to get this problem fixed through tech support?

No @Jordan898 . They said to contact the city.  But I haven't heard back from them. I submitted an only request.

Jordan898
Level 1
New York, NY

I am having the same issue and have not heard back from Airbnb support in over a week.  They keep telling me their technical team will reach out but I'm still waiting.  Very frustrating at this point.  Good luck! 

Good day.   I am having the same issue with payment ( The final step with the application for short term renal in NYC)   did you get a solution to this problem? 

Abi6756
Level 1
New York, NY

i am also having this problem. airbnb is not helpful at all. i've been on the phone with them for the past three weeks speaking to incapable people who do not understand what is going on! i have no idea where to turn to. 

Usher1
Level 1
New York, United States

Hey please call me I had the same situation and got it fixed **

**[Contact details removed -  Community Center Guidelines]

please help me  @Usher1 

How can I contact you? I need this done soon please! Text message my number**. Thankyou!

**[Contact details removed -  Community Center Guidelines]